• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2402

I will need one more day please.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2420

Hi All,
    Just wanted to give some update on this.
    I have got the basic migrator working.
    It is moving files, creating galleries and moving media.

It will not move remote media from BP gallery as we don’t have an equivalent in MediaPress at the moment.

There are a few small things remaining and I am working on that

1. currently, the MediaPress API does not give the option to set date time for gallery/media creation, so all the moved galleries are getting assigned new dates. I am working on that.
    2. It is still not moving the media in proper order. The oldest media is moved as the newest. Fixing the above point should fix this too.

3. Gallery & Media activity needs to be moved properly. It may need some work specially for gallery activity where multiple BP gallery media is published in activity. I am working on it and will have some solution soon.

About my point regrading moving file vs copying, I have preferred the copy method. We copy the original file and regenerate thumbnails for MediaPress.

I am hoping to have more updates soon.

Thank yo
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    TO on #2421

Im a bit confused on the move – copy. At the top of your last post you said “It is moving files, creating galleries and moving media.”. Then at the bottom you say “About my point regrading moving file vs copying, I have preferred the copy method. We copy the original file and regenerate thumbnails for MediaPress.”

So does the importer keep all the original BP-Album media and bp-album database data in place without moving it or deleting the original BP-Album media in any way? So if the importer fails or want to revert back, all the files will be untouched?

Obviously I like the copy only method but I am unclear what this importer does with the media.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2422

Hi To,
    Please do not be confused by the word “move” . It is all copy only. There is no destructive operation. We do keep a track of what was migrated but nothing more than that.

Also, the current migrator is for “Bp Gallery” not BP album. I am sorry if there is any confusion.

• Participant
    TO on #2423

thanks for the clarification. I am assuming that BP album migrator will come after BP Gallery is perfected?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2424

Hi,
    Thank you. we certainly plan to keep adding importers. Any developer if looking at this and want to work with us on any of the importers, please do let us know. We will assist in all possible ways too.

Is it the plugin you are referring too.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-album/

Once we have got one plugin ready, It will be like understanding the schema/models of how other plugins store data and writing a connector for that.

• Participant
    larsik78 on #2433

I’m so excited…. 🙂

• Participant
    larsik78 on #2450

Hi Brajesh,

i’m a little bit confused – is there an importer already or not?

I have my project on hold for 2 month – would be good to know!

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2451

Hi ,
    I am sorry to keep you waiting. How much important is gallery activity migration for your site?

I have been working on it but the activity migration is not going in the right direction. I was even working on it in the day and was going to ask you the question.

Also, do you use add from web or not or your site?

If you can answer these two question, I may have something to showcase even today.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved