BuddyDev

Search

BP MediaPress- not showing galleries in user profiles anymore

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Locally Grown Music on #1853

Ok great news! – so one of the profile galleries that was not showing up in the Gallery page was set to logged in users. After changing it to public, it did show up on the gallery page! Thank you!!!!! You helped me so fast and efficiently….I am so appreciative!!!
    So lastly, in order to limit non subscriber viewing, I should I set the gallery page as logged in users only?
    If so, what happens if non sub clicks into the profile gallery (i.e. Through social, members…how do I make all of the social and forum menu items for logged in only?

You are amazing, thank you again for all of your help!

• Participant
    Locally Grown Music on #1859

Actually still having an issue…
    The site wides are showing up.
    All the profile galleries were showing up yesterday, but now some are not.
    Examples:
    A profile lists 3 galleries but only 2 are visible. All are set to public
    A profile ilists 1 but no galleries are visible
    All galleries are showing up in site wide

All gallery settings are set to enable
    All are public
    The items inside the galleries are public

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1865

Hi,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply and the problems with MediaPress.

It seems very strange that the galleries will vanish automatically from the list.
    Can you please visit MediaPress->All Galleries and check if the list is showing any inconsistency like empty component/status/type?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1866

I mean the All Galleries list in the admin .

• Participant
    Locally Grown Music on #1878

Ok, I think I am on to something.
    The galleries that I adjusted the other day were somehow changed in ownership from the users to my admin account.
    So when I go to All Galleries, the name shows up as the admin.
    When I go to the user account gallery, the number of galleries shows the correct amount but when you open the user gallery list they do not all show up. (I.e. 2 of 3 shoe up)
    The missing galleries do show up in the admin gallery but the number of galleries listed only has 1.

How do I move or change the gallery owner back to the user that it belongs to?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1896

Hi,
    Sorry I have been not able to reply properly.
    That seems the problem.

Had you modified the privacy of galleries from admin earlier or from user profile(The update that changed the ownership)?

It is a mistake if the ownership is getting changed, I will push the fix as soon as I know from where had you updated the gallery. Most probably this should be the front end not the wp admin page.

• Participant
    Locally Grown Music on #1900

I think…though I can’t remember exactly, that I went in the back end from the all galleries wp admin

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1901

Thank you. I am doing some check. I had hardened the admin edit to avoid this issue but will certainly be looking at it now.

Will get back to you later today.

• Participant
    Locally Grown Music on #2034

Hi there,
    I am still looking for a solution. Have you had time to review?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2038

Hi,
    I am sorry but I am unable to even produce the thing by editing others gallery. When in admin, if I edit a user’s gallery it remains theirs. I have tried a few combinations but nothing came.

Can you please post your configuration( Assuming you are looking for a solution that the ownership has changed for the galleries or is the other issue still there?)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved