BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BP Member Type Pro issue with Paid Membership Pro

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Joss Luberia on #20902

Hi Brajesh,

I have a big issue with Paid Membership Pro and your plugin BP Member Type Pro.

I want to restrict some BuddyPress features with PMP Pro for 1 member type, so I have 1 member type in Basic membership level on PMP Pro and the same member type have another membership level : Premium with all BP functionnalities.

The issue is : when I want to change membership level to Premium (in admin user or with a test payment) of a member type, it doesn’t want to change, the level stay in Basic…

Do you know why ? I think a bug of your plugin…

I selected member type in each membership level : member type 1 in Basic AND Premium.
    I selected associated PMP Pro levels in each member type to restrict some BP features when user registered. But when user paid premium membership level, the member type don’t want to switch in Premium level.

Do you have a solution for me, please ?

Thanks,
    Joss

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20921

Hi Joss,
    Thank you for the question.

It seems more like a mis-configuration. Please help me confirm a few things before I assist(and let me see if it is a bug or mis-configuration).

1. Have you mapped member type to membership levels? Does changing member type changes membership level?
    2. Are you using PMPro BuddyPress addon? If Yes, Please share its configuration for member types.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Joss Luberia on #20949

Hi Brajesh,

1. Yes, I mapped member type to membership level, to restrict some BP features. Yes, membershipe change when member type change.

2. Yes, I’m using PMP Pro BP add-on.
    Configurations is :
    Non-member user setting : Yes give non-member users acces to specific features.
    General settings : Registration page is BP registration page / Show membership level on profile is no.

In PMP Pro level > BuddyPress Member Types > I can choose the same member type for many membership levels, but when I want to change membership levels, your plugin doesn’t want to change because membership level matches to the same member type…

The best would be to can update the same member type with the membership level you want. And really, the very very very best thing would be to have an option to display the membership level with the member type.

That would do : Member Type 1 Basic or Member Type 1 Premium

Thanks for your help Brajesh,
    Joss

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20987

Hi Joss,
    I have tested these two plugins today and they seem to work fine.

can you please provide me the following details to recreate it(or provide temporary amdin access to check the configuration).

1. For each member type, Please let me know the member type name and the level it is mapped ot
    Member Type X- Level1

2. For Pmpro, Please let me level to member type mapping, e.g
    Level2 -> Member type 1, member type 2 etc.

Either screenshot, or normal details or temporary admin access, any of the above will work for me.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Joss Luberia on #20991

Hi Brajesh,

I send you an temporary admin acces in a private reply next.

1 :
    Member Type : Gardien -> Level : Gardien -> OK
    Member Type : Partageur -> Levels : Partageur is a Free Level and “Partageur ✓ Premium” is a paid membership with some unlock BP features.

2 :
    Level : Gardien -> Member Type : Gardien -> OK
    Level : Partageur -> Member Type : Partageur
    Level : Partageur ✓ Premium -> Member Type : Partageur

I made a Member Type called “Partageur ✓ Premium” to test if it works when Level is mapped on another member type, and it works, but it is not what I want.

Thanks Brajesh,
    Joss

• Participant
    Joss Luberia on #20992
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21002

Thank you Joss.

Please allow me to look into it today and assist you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Joss Luberia on #21011

Hi Brajesh,

Can you find where is the issue ?

Thanks,
    Joss

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21012

Hi Joss,
    I haven’t looked at your site but I looked at the PMPro’s BuddyPress plugin and I do see the issue.

You are using our plugin to assign PMPro levels.

Since you are also using PMPro to change member type, that member type triggers another cycle of membership level assignment.

That’s why you are seeing this.

It will be much better if you can avoid the cycle. I am also putting a flag on membership level change from PMpro and hoping that we can use that to void triggering membership level change from our side. Any future change in PMPro BuddyPress addon may break it.

I will update once I push the release.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Joss Luberia on #21013

Brajesh,

If I understand well : I must make another Member type to make premium members with PMP Pro ?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved