BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BP Profile Visibility Manager – Group join requests not showing up

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bjoern on #3843

Hi,

I am still testing your plugin in my site and I juts noticed that when a user with profile set to be visible for friends only and not visible in member directory and search sends a group join request to the group administrator the request does not show up on the group admins requests screen. The group admin gets a notification about a request but when he clicks on the notification nothing shows up. The group requests screen is empty. Thus, there seems to be no way a user with “hidden” profile is able to request to join a group. The admin is simply not able to approve the request. Could you please check on your install whether you have the same problem and check how to fix this?

I have latest wordpress/buddypress plus a custom theme (Boss theme).
    Thanks!

• Participant
    Bjoern on #3995

Could you check this issue on your install? Thanks.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #4006

Hi Bjoern,

I am looking into this and will let you know updates regarding this at day end.

Thank You
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4008

Hi Bjoern,
    It is happening. There are two possible solutions:-

1. disallow users whose privacy is not public/logged in to use any such button
    2. Or override the visibility on the group requests page to make it visible.

I am more interested in first approach. What do you suggest?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4009

Can you please upgrade to 1.3.4 and test. I have disabled the button for any members whose profile visibility is set to friends only/private.

• Participant
    Bjoern on #4017

As said on the other thread, I think option 2 would be better. It just needs to show the request/user, the profile itself could still be “hidden”…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BP Profile Visibility Manager – Group join requests not showing up’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved