BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BP Simple Google Maps no longer displaying maps

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Peter Davenport on #6367

Brajesh,

I’m not sure if it is related to current BP or changes to Google Maps API, but the BP Simple Google Maps plugin seems to no longer display maps.

I’ve got it installed on BP 2.7.2 with WP 4.6.1, and the map image gets displayed as a broken image link. When checking that image link in a new tab I get this response “The Google Maps API server rejected your request. This service requires an API key.”

Here is a sample link from the site we have it on as generated by the plugin: http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=950+15th+Street%2C+Downtown%2C+Augusta%2C+GA+30904&sensor=false&zoom=17&maptype=roadmap&size=640×640&markers=color%3Ablue%7Csize%3Dmid%7Clabel%3AS%7C950+15th+Street%2C+Downtown%2C+Augusta%2C+GA+30904

I know it was working about 10 months when I installed it for this particular client, but am only learning about the breakage now, so I’m not sure when in the last 10 months it stopped working.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6374

Hi Peter,
    Thank you for posting.

We will have an update by tomorrow. My guess is it is happening due to the API key requirements.

• Participant
    Peter Davenport on #6439

Brajesh, any news on getting this update pushed out? Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6453

Hi Peter,
    My apologies for the delay. It’s coming today for sure.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6458

Just updating again. it will come today but a little bit more delayed.

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6463

Hi Peter,
    I had to rewrite the plugin.

Please upgrade to version 1.0.2 from here

You must enter the google APi Key and enable Google Static map to make it work.

Hope that helps
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-simple-google-map/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Peter Davenport on #6503

Brajesh, thanks for that. I tried using the new version but I get an error when trying to save the API key. I entered the API key into the Map Key input and when I click save it returns with a “Security Check Failed” response. Screenshot of it here: http://nimb.ws/QxLcnW

I’ve got the API key set as pretty low security to try to get around that and I do have the Static Maps API enabled on the key.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6504

That’s very strange. Please give me 15 minutes and I will report back.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6505

I am sorry, I uploaded wrong version. Checking an uploading again. Will message in 5 minutes.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6506

Hi Peter,
    Please upgrade to 1.0.3 and let me know if that works for you or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BP Simple Google Maps no longer displaying maps’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved