This topic was very interesting. However, I would like to modify 2 other things :
1. I would like to insert a link in the new text (the link = https://mydomain.fr/forums/#new-post) to force the user to create a new topic in the forum if he wants to ask any question.
Text example = To launch a new discussion, create a new forum topic (link = topic)”
2. I want to prevent the user to write any thing in the box. He must be just allowed to clik on the link to create a new topic forum.
Is this possible to get such settings with php code ?
1. I am sorry, you can not add links in the placeholder. If you did, It will simply be shown as text.
2. Please contact theme author. They can provide some js. This is very much specific to theme and how they manage/override compatibility with BuddyPress.
Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
I think I am going to follow the next steps :
– 1. Hide totally the “what’s new” box with ccs / display = none
– 2. Find a solution to display a new button “Create new topic” instead of the “what’s new” box. Maybe you have an idea how to proceed to do that ?
Thanks again for your nice help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.