BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] bp whats new text modify

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    carasse on #44354

Hello

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/where-to-change-bp-text-for-activity-update/#post-31777

This topic was very interesting. However, I would like to modify 2 other things :

1. I would like to insert a link in the new text (the link = https://mydomain.fr/forums/#new-post) to force the user to create a new topic in the forum if he wants to ask any question.

Text example = To launch a new discussion, create a new forum topic (link = topic)”

2. I want to prevent the user to write any thing in the box. He must be just allowed to clik on the link to create a new topic forum.

Is this possible to get such settings with php code ?

Thanks.

Fabien

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44365

Hi Fabien,

1. I am sorry, you can not add links in the placeholder. If you did, It will simply be shown as text.
    2. Please contact theme author. They can provide some js. This is very much specific to theme and how they manage/override compatibility with BuddyPress.

Generally, the second approach can be achieved via javascript easily.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    carasse on #44375

HI Brajesh

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I think I am going to follow the next steps :
    – 1. Hide totally the “what’s new” box with ccs / display = none
    – 2. Find a solution to display a new button “Create new topic” instead of the “what’s new” box. Maybe you have an idea how to proceed to do that ?

Thanks again for your nice help.

Fabien

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44421

Hi Fabien,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply. Which template pack are you using? Is it BP Nouveau or Legacy?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    carasse on #44427

Hello Brajesh

I finally gave up the forum idea for my site. Not clear enough for users to manage with BP groups and forums. So I’ll keep using the “what’s new” box.

Thanks.

Fabien

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44430

Hi Fabien,
    Thank you for the reply.

I hope the activity update works well for your user.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved