BuddyDev

Search

BP xprofile fields plugin – meta keys

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Melanie on #52383

Hi,
    I am trying to display xprofile fields (I use BuddyBoss) in Elementor via Elementors dynamic tags.
    For that I need to know the meta keys for each xprofile field, especially:

custom fields:
    – country selector
    – birthdate selector

multi-fields:
    – gender
    – checkboxes
    – dropdown

single fields:
    – date
    – phone

Is there a list somewhere where I can get the meta keys for those fields (given that the meta keys are always teh same) so I can then use them in Elementor or other plugins such as ACF etc?

Thank you 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52388

Hi Melanie,
    Welcome to Buddydev support forums.

1. BuddyBoss profile fields does not store data in user meta. They are stored in custom table. You may not use meta key with elemntor for this.

The solution is to use BuddyPress/BuddyBoss specific shortcode.

Here is an example plugin that adds the profile data shortcode for BuddyPress/BuddyBoss.

https://github.com/buddydev/bp-shortcodes

For usage, Please see this post:-
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/xprofile-field-shortcode/#post-46106

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Melanie on #52394

Hi Brajesh,

thanks – I installed the plugin and tried the 2 shortcodes:
    [bpsc-profile-data] as well as
    [bpc-profile-data] but they both do not work.

Nothing shows up on the page.

Without meta keys there is no real way to transfer the xprofile values to Elementor or any other 3rd party plugin.
    Is there a way to add meta keys to each of the xprofile fields?

(It would be less of a problem if I could at least also show the xprofile field values in ACF counterpart fields, so transfer/map xprofiel field data to ACF fields)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Melanie.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52397

Hi Meline,
    I am sorry but I am not aware of any way to get BuddyPress/BuddyBoss profile fields via acf.

You will need to add the field name in the shortcode to make it fetch.

All the data is relative to user. First, you need to determine whose profile data you are fetching logged in user or displayed user or someone else.
    For logged in/displayed, you can pass context=logged or context=displayed
    Here is an example:-

[bpsc-profile-data field="1" context="logged"]

Should display the name. You can access the field id/name from BuddyBoss->Profiles screen in the backend.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Melanie on #52398

Hi Brajesh,
    once again I really appreciate your input 😉

My goal is to create a ACF field with the name e.g. “Country”.
    Now I already created xprofile field with teh same name. A user registers and fill sout the xprofile field.
    So, how can I make the ACF field have the same value now?

Example: user registers via BB registration form and enters his country (xprofile field): Argentina. So the xprofile field shows “Argentina”.

Now, lets say I create a separate ACF field also called “Country”.
    How can I make “Argentina” from the xprofile field now show up in the ACF field?

Is there a code snippet to make this happen?

Reason for this question: if I can create ACF fields then I can get a meta key which I can then use for more functions and plugins.

• Participant
    Melanie on #52402

*Update*

After checking a lot on Google I came across this term “sync”, so maybe I explained it wrong or used the wrong terminology (my apologies).

So let me try again, I try to sync ACF fields with the xprofile fields created.

Example: if a user registers with his country, then country will show up in his user profile page via xprofile field.

If I create a ACF field with the same name now, can I sync the xprofile data/value with the ACF field?

I hope this time this is clearer than using transfer or other words to describe what I am trying to achieve 😉

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52410

Hi Melaine,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

I am not aware of any solution that allows mapping of BuddyPress/BuddyBoss profile fields with ACF.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved