BuddyDev

Search

Branded login and buddypress 12.0.0 beta 1

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #50100

Hello,

I decided to test and enable the buddypress 12.0.0 beta 1 on my site and all default buddypress pages are working expect for the login and logout pages of the branded login plugin.

Both login and logout branded login pages are generating 404 errors.

https://buddypress.org/2023/08/buddypress-12-0-0-beta1/

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50103

Hi Tosin,
    Please see my reply in the following link for our BuddyPress 12.0 compatibility timeline

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/buddyblog-pro-and-buddypress-12-0-0-beta-1/#post-50102

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #51085

Gentle reminder sir

BuddyPress 12.0.0 is now available

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51102

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you.
    We are deprecating Branded Login for BuddyPress 12.0. It seems the newly rewrite API is not suitable for multiple directory by a plugin in simple ways(It is possible with a bloat).

We are deprecating Branded Login for BuddyPress 12.0 and above. You may be able to use it if you are using BP classic but it won’t be developed any further for BuddyPress.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #51115

Hi Brajesh,

This is really heart breaking to know that you are deprecating this awesome plugin, Branded Login has been my number one plugin for buddypress simply because I so much dislike the default wordpress login page, all other alternative plugins to customize the default login pages are just terrible and bloated also using security plugins to change the login url from (wp-login.php) to (login) is also terrible,

There is not an alternative to your plugin, I would really appreciate your guidance on how you designed your login page for buddydev which looks flawless with your theme’s design.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51129
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Tosin on #51132
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51133

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved