BuddyDev

Search

Branded login support

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #23237

Hello,

Just purchased the branded login plugin but I need some help

1. How can I disable the logout page option, I want all my logout to redirect to to the default homepage or home url instead of a new custom logout page. I already use another plugin for logout redirects to homepage but once I activate you plugin logout is no longer working.

2. I use only email address to login so how can I change the username label to email address. Also I want the email address and password labels to appear as placeholders in the input field rather than on top.

3. I want the remember me to be checked by default

4. Failed login error message is not displaying

5. I have other login forms on other pages for example the default buddpress login widget but now I want to redirect all failed login attempts from those forms/pages to the new custom login page while displaying the failed login error notice.

Does this plugin support php7.3

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23239

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for purchsing the plugin.

We will test and assist you with it by tomorrow.

2/3:- needs template change
    5. Not sure if we can accomplish or not. Will update tomorrow.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #23253

Hello Tosin,

Please update the plugin.

1. To make normal flow for logout. just trashed that page associated with logout directory if you have assign any in BuddyPress setting page section.
    2. For point 2,3 overide the plguin template “login.php” by placing it under “blogin” directory of active theme and make changes accordingly.
    3. All login form with action defined as “site_url( ‘wp-login.php’, ‘login_post’ )” will be redirected to login page and show errors there if any.

You can download the latest plugin version form the following url:
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-branded-login/

Please check and let me know.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Tosin on #23259

Hello,

This code below worked for the redirect but the login errors still do not show

/**
     * Redirect failed login attempts to custom login page
     */
    add_action( 'wp_login_failed', 'pippin_login_fail' );  // hook failed login
    function pippin_login_fail( $username ) {
         $referrer = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];  // where did the post submission come from?
         // if there's a valid referrer, and it's not the default log-in screen
         if ( !empty($referrer) && !strstr($referrer,'wp-login') && !strstr($referrer,'wp-admin') ) {
              wp_redirect(get_permalink( 28880 ) . '?login=failed' );  // let's append some information (login=failed) to the URL for the theme to use
              exit;
         }
    } 

I was wondering if there is a code I can add directly to the login.php file to display its own login error message. e.g code to display (login failed: Invalid email or password)

• Participant
    Tosin on #23260

I was able to edit the login.php template in my child theme but I still don’t know how to enable the remember me to be checked by default

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #23261

Hello Tosin,

Please the above code and check weather form is submitting to login page created by BuddyPress Branded Login plugin. If not please make sure Login form “action attribute” should be like the followin one:

<form name="bp-login-form" id="bp-login-widget-form" class="standard-form" action="<?php echo esc_url( site_url( 'wp-login.php', 'login_post' ) ); ?>" method="post">

Please check and let me know. Also to make check box checked. Search and replace like following:

Search for

<input name="rememberme" type="checkbox" id="rememberme" value="forever" <?php checked( $remember_me ); ?> />

Replace with

<input name="rememberme" type="checkbox" id="rememberme" value="forever" checked/>

Regards
    Ravi

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Ravi.
  • Participant
    Tosin on #23264

Login error message is still not showing I can’t still to get Login Error messages on the new custom page template

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23275

Hi Tosin,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.

To show the login error, the form needs to be posted to pur custom url. We have a url filter which filters the login url to point to our page.

It is still possible that the form you are using has the form action url added in a way which is not getting filtered by our code.

Can you please tell me which form it is and from where it is coming(theme/plugin and which one). We can look at the code and let you know the best way to deal with it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #23284
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #23308

Hello tosin,

Thank you for detailed acknowledgement. It seems you have not removed the following custom code i.e. You have provided in the following reply.

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/branded-login-support/#post-23259

Because form still redirecting with ‘?login=failed’ and causing not to show error messages. Please check and let me know.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved