BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Browse profile pic and crop fixed and broken!

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Audiomonk on #16180
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16181

T^hank you.

You don’t need any css changes.

Your problem is someone has editd your template in past and have put
    the button inside the label. Which is incorrect and leading to the problem.

Please change this

<p class="drag-drop-buttons"><label for="bp-browse-button" class="bp-screen-reader-text">Select your File 
    <input id="bp-browse-button" type="button" value="Select your File" class="button" style="position: relative; z-index: 1;">
    </label>
    				</p>

to

<p class="drag-drop-buttons"><label for="bp-browse-button" class="bp-screen-reader-text">Select your File</label>

<input id="bp-browse-button" type="button" value="Select your File" class="button" style="position: relative; z-index: 1;">
    				</p>

and everything will work fine.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #16182

Yes, I paid for someone to fix the problem before, which file do I change that in? Thanks so much for investigating for me.

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #16183

Am guessing

/childtheme/buddypress/assets/_attachments/uploader.php ?

<p class="drag-drop-buttons"><label for="{{data.browse_button}}" class="<?php echo is_admin() ? 'screen-reader-text' : 'bp-screen-reader-text' ;?>"></label>

Would that be right?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16184

Yes. Even better, just rename this file if it is in your child theme. You most probably don’t need it.

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #16185

It’s in my child theme now, but still not showing the button. Am wondering if I have it cached or something?

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #16186

Cleared cache browser and site cache, it appears but then quickly disappears again. :/ the closing </label> tag is in the right place from looking at it in website inspector. there’s a lot of spaces between the closing tag and the previous code.

<label for="bp-browse-button" class="bp-screen-reader-text">Select your File<input id="bp-browse-button" type="button" value="Select your File" class="button" style="position: relative; z-index: 1;">
    				</label>
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16187

Please rename the file to something else. BuddyPress will load the uploader from your currently active template pack(which version of BuddyPress are you using?) and it will work.

The input type file should not be wrapped inside the bp-screen-reader text.

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #16189

Am using the latest version of BuddyPress. I did rename the file, the closing tag is in the right place, and it’s showing the correct html in the inspector as shown above, but the button still not showing?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16193

Please disable the captcha again. I am not sure why, But it is not allowing me to login again and testing.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Browse profile pic and crop fixed and broken!’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved