BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Browse profile pic and crop fixed and broken!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16207

Hi Audiomonk,
    There is nothing wrong with your code above. It is exactly same as earlier(comments and spaces don’t have any special value).

In other words, your solution is perfectly fine but it makes me wonder why the earlier did not work.

The current code and the earlier code are same.

I was writing message to suggest you use what the file plugin to check for the location of the upload.php loaded on the site but there is no need for that anymore.

Good to know it is resolved for you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Audiomonk on #16208

Hi,

It’s not totally resolved, my cover image section doesn’t display anything now, but I can look at that another day.

The code is different Brajesh, the closing </label> I put in a different place now just before the closing php tag on that line.

There’s no drag and drop, but no one used that anyway. I’m just baffled as to why the code from the pastebin placed the </label> tag after the input when rendered which stopped things from showing?

The uploader.php file is in the child theme folder in the correct hierarchy, it’s just it doesn’t render as it’s written, baffling.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Audiomonk.
  • Participant
    Audiomonk on #16210

See from the pastebin this is where the </label> was placed

https://pasteboard.co/Htxk2fP.png

What I did was move it here

https://pasteboard.co/HtxkB9U.png

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16214

I am not sure why but the above change should cause fatal error.

Can you please use what The File plugin and check which uploader.php file is loaded for you.

Also, ask the server support what is going on. The change(I missed earlier) should have caused a fatal error in php.

It is strongly recommended to revert back.

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #16215

No fatal error, it just worked??

Can you give me more details of the “what the file” plugin?

I’ll give you the details when I can run this.

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #16216

I reverted back as you said, I found the plugin, this is what it shows on the edit profile page.

https://pasteboard.co/HtyJTON.png

As you can see it doesn’t show an uploader.php ?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Audiomonk.
  • Participant
    Audiomonk on #16218
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Audiomonk on #16221

I’ve been awake all night, and FINALLY found what was causing the problem, am sorry it’s taken so long, but it’s this

https://wordpress.org/plugins/pb-seo-friendly-images/

I had disabled it earlier as a test, but the button problem persisted. I did some other tests on this plugin and it is the one that is causing the problem. I made a note of when it was installed and when the problems started happening and they were roughly the same time.

Sorry, but at least now you know what can break the submit code for Buddypress.

Thanks for your investigation.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16222

Hi Audiomonk,
    Thank you for updating. I am glad it is resolved.

My earlier concern was you had put ‘‘ inside the php tag. Since is not a valid php token, it should have caused fatal error.

Anyway, I am happy that it is resolved. Have the much deserved sleep 🙂

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #16232

Thanks, I did and you’re right it should have caused a fatal error, but nothing was behaving correctly at that time. I can’t believe it came down to that one plugin, especially as I’d disabled them all and Buddypress was still not showing the button.

Anyway, hopefully I won’t be back for a while (which is a good sign)

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Browse profile pic and crop fixed and broken!’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved