BuddyDev

Search

Buddy blog – Error with making hyperlink

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jeremy on #22842

I made a video showing the problem:

https://youtu.be/I4IntlRhUcY

Using android.. disabled all other editors.. (I think)

Click on the “make hyperlink”..

Goes into crazy loop.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #22849

Hello Jeremy,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We had a JS error in the plugin and that could cause it. Please update and clear your browser cache. Then give it a try? Does it work let me know?.

You download the latest version for “BP Simple front end post”

https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-simple-front-end-post/

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Jeremy on #22878

Everything is up to date.. I even installed the latest WordPress version since I got a notification about it. I already had that Front End Post plug in.. deleted it.. reinstalled it. Cleared cache. It still does it. Would you like me to set up a baaic test account on the site so you can see it in action for yourself? It won’t have admin settings so I could post it here without worry of other folks using the data.

• Participant
    Jeremy on #22879
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22889

Hi Jeremy,
    I checked it and I don’t see any issue on desktop(I know you have mentioned mobile).

Since we are not adding any javascript to the plugin(We use wp_editor() to load the tinymce), I am unable to find a reason for this.

Can you please create a staging environment and disable all plugins except BuddyPress, BuddyBlog and Simple Front end.
    Also, which to twentyseventeen or twentyninteen and then check the same?

Is it still happening?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jeremy on #22901

Yes.. it still does it, even with all of those rexommendations.. even if I switch my browser on my phone to “Desktop Site” mode.

Yikes.. this problem must be something deep.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22907

HI Jeremy,
    Sorry about that.

If you install classic editor(for testing), are you able to do the same from WordPress dashboard? Or is it throwing the same error?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jeremy on #22912

I went to the dashboard.. clicked create new page… and it does the same thing with even with making pages.. hmm.. it appears it I’d a wordpress problem and not a buddyblog problem.. I will let them know

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22926

Hi Jeremy,
    Thank you for testing.

I was expecting that it might be an issue with core editor. Please do report.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jeremy on #23053

I did some more tests and when I disabled everything and switched the theme to 2019 and tried to make a page… the editor was totally different.. the classic editor plugin had the weird keyboard loop error in it.. when everything was disabled and I started testing as I enabled stuff when I finally got to the buddy blog and no front end editor the editor for the blog went loopy again. But the dash editor was the block editor and the hyperlink feature was stable. I did notice after reactivating the no front end editor that it gave a notification that tiny mce wasn’t active (I have tiny mce advanced but left it deactivated since I was only testing the hyperlink feature) This is an editor error but its within the bp front end post plug in that is required for buddy blog.

I’m trying to work it out at this thread as well..Until I can get this fixed I’m going to keep buddy blog deactivated since that loop deal makes it impossible to add links unless you are going to just add nothing but code which the average user won’t do..

Any suggestions?

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/editor-error-hyperlink-keyboard-loop-android/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved