BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog – 1 form assigned to 1 category by default?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    r08 on #36482

BuddyBlog –
    I’m trying to create multiple “forms”, basically different blogs and each blog is assigned a different category. The user does not choose a category, each form is automatically assigned a category. How can I do this?

When setting up a form I go to Taxonomies section and enable it, then select Categories and pick only 1. But on the front end, this shows up as a checkbox. The user would have to click this single check box every time to add it to this category. This is not the best workflow, I would prefer for each form to just be part of a category without the user needing to take action.

Is there a way to do this?

• Participant
    r08 on #36483

Nevermind. I think the best solution is to create a custom post type for each blog form and link them together that way.

What do you think?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36484

Hi,
    1. Auomatic add to category is possible but it will need some custom development.
    You will need some kind of per user form or category and assign it via hooks.

2. You can use multiple post type but that does not seem to be the right solution(unless you want to have different kind of post data for each role).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    r08 on #36487

Thanks and I think it’s ok if it’s different types of post type data for each form. That will work in my case.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36494

Thank you. That’s good to know.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyBlog – 1 form assigned to 1 category by default?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved