BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] buddyBlog comments not entering buddyPress activity feed

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #17815

hi Brajesh,

I’m using buddyBlog with buddyPress and expecting a comment on a (buddy)blog to appear in the activity feed. However nothing happens. This means my site is full of photo comments but no blog comments. If this behaviour is not expected, what can be wrong? If is expected, how can we fix it?

Many thanks

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17816

Hi Richard,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Please Visit Dashboard-> Settings->BuddyPress->Components and let me know if “Site Tracking” is enabled? If not, please enable it and try posting a comment.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #17818

yep, “Site Tracking” is enabled. Comments are posted into the activity feed against photos/images (mediaPress OK), but not against blog posts (buddyBlog NOT OK) posts 🙁

Just to be clear here, the commenting is fine across the site. It’s the posting into the activity feed which is non-functional for buddyBlog posts only.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17820

Hi Richard,
    Are you using a custom post type for BuddyBlog? That seems the only explanation as I am using posts post type and the tracking is working for me.

https://i.imgur.com/xDCZYIX.png

BuddyPress needs us to do a few things extra to enable the activity tracking for custom post type.

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #17822

hi Brajesh,

nope, I’m not aware of any custom post type on my site. Maybe there’s an appropriate hook/function I can use to manually add the activity entry correctly myself?

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17827
  • Participant
    Richard Foley on #17849

hi Brajesh,

thanks for your helpful feedaback and tips. I’ve added the bp-custom.php code to “manually” insert the activity and still nothing. I think there must be something screwy going on in my code somewhere, which is blocking the blog-comment-activity add somehow, so I’ll investigate that further – closing.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17853

Hi Richard,
    If you find the issue, Please do share with me.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #17855

Ah, slowly making progress here. It appears the comment (on the buddyBlog post) is being saved to the database just fine. It’s just not being displayed in the activity feed. To be clear, it’s the “$user commented on the post $post_title” activity entry is not being displayed *unless* one *shows* comments explicitly from the buddyPress activity-filter popup selector. So, I think it’s the “default items/types to show” is wrong. Now just to find that…

R.

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #17860

hi Brajesh,

I’ve (re-)found your activity filter guide here: https://buddydev.com/set-default-filter-buddypress-activity/and am using it like this:$filter = ‘activity_update, created_group, new_blog_post, new_blog_comment’;

I’ve also dumped my cookies and reloaded. However, the blog comments simply refuse to show *until* I use the popup filter selector to show comments. Then the comments appear, but disappear again when I use “Everything”.

It’s rather odd…

R.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved