• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29789
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Level: Master
    Hugo Callens on #30381

Hi Brajesh,
    Coming back to a few of the issues above.

1. I upgraded Buddyblog to the latest version. When I create a new post the box “Allow comments” is unchecked. I would like to set this checked by default. Is that possible?

2. When I try to edit a post it opens in the dashboard instead of the frontend. Is it possible to not just post in the frontend, but also edit an existing post?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30382

Hi Hugo,
    Thank you for the reply.

1. The option is not available the in plugin. We plan to add it in the next update.
    2. Please visit Dashboard->Settings->BuddyBlog and update the capability needed for backend editing. In future, we will remove it and replace with roles.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Hugo Callens on #30706

Indeed, when a non-admin user edits a post it opens in the frontend.

A few other things:
    1. I set Buddyblog comment status = open, but still, when I go to a specific blog there is no comment field or link.
    2. How to disable (or limit to a few essential buttons) the rich text editor for non-admins?
    3. Subscriber has no right to upload a featured image. How can I fix that?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Hugo Callens.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30723

Hi Hugo,

1. Which template pack are you using? Do you have blog post setup to show on profile or as normal blog post? Did you modify single.php template from the buddyblog plugin?

2. We have next major update imminent(in next 7-8 days) and you will have this option. Since you have Buddydev membership, you can almost control everything(create custom fields from backend, limit who can post, multiple post type etc). I am leaving it in favour of next version.

3. The plugin grants subscribers right to upload image. I will check for the featured image again and let you know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Hugo Callens on #30783
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved