BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] buddyBlog formatting controls

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #19682

hi Brajesh,

this is a repost of the recent related ticket https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/is-buddyblog-incompatible-with-wp-5-0/, because the original is closed and I’m still having the issue, but I’m unable to edit that ticket. I’m attaching a screenshot here so you can see what I mean: https://www.naktiv.net/wp-content/uploads/mediapress/groups/15/228121/buddyblog-edit-display-with-no-controls-w-arrows-1024×682.png

I’m just finished with a pile of plugin upgrades on my site, related to the recent WP 5.0 Gutenberg release, which as you will know uses a different editor. I noticed when updating an existing blog post that the content area looked wildly different to previously. Essentially all the “controls” are gone, except for the “add media” button. So, no “add link”, “formatting”, “bold”, “alignment”, etc. all gone. Also /members/$username/buddyblog/edit appears to have disappeared…

The versions I have are: WP=5.0.1, BP=4.1.0, BB=1.3.3, SFEP=1.3.5

I stress this is for the front-end editing screen (*not* the back-end admin screen).

As always any helpful feedback appreciated.

R.

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19685

Additionally, you can see on the screenshot, 2 red arrows. The first arrow shows where the media was supposed to go (with the blinking cursor as usual), and the second arrow shows where the html-img-src appeared after the media was inserted. There are no formatting controls of any kind to be seen, either on the text or on the media. Perhaps this gives a clue as to what is wrong?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19688

Hi Richard,
    It is related to some plugin on your site. I have tested it with 5.0.2.

If you have a fresh install, Please give a try and you will see it is working.

I will suggest creating a staging and then trying disabling plugin/changing theme on the staging to check the issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19694

ok, sorry, Brajesh, you were right again 🙂

It’s something to do with the Autoptimize plugin. Not sure what, but when it’s “optimized” the buddyBlog formatting on the front-end goes to pot.

Please feel free to trounce these 2 “non-bug” reports. Even if you want to keep this one as an “example”, the other one expresses doubt as to WP 5.0 compatibility, which his unnecessary and misleading, so you may want to remove it. Your plugins work very well indeed with WP 5.0 and above!

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19714

HI Richard,
    Thank you.

If you have no issues, let us keep it. It can help others(specially this one).

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved