Buddyblog, images/media support.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Peter Blom on #1967

Awesome 🙂

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nate on #1973

I’m very excited for this new release as well. It’s exactly what I’m looking for.

Cheers!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1976

Thank you Peter and Nate.
    I will be pushing it in 2-3 hours and will be posting here.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nate on #1991

Great.
    We were going to look into the following type of solution.
    https://www.skyverge.com/blog/custom-post-type-with-image-uploads/

Would this work on buddyblog?

Better yet, is this what you had in mind for the update and when can we be expecting it?

We are patiently waiting to test. We appreciate your hard work but would like a legitimate time for the update if possible.

Best regards

Nate

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1992

Hi,
    Just wanted to update. There are two thing that has kept me from pushing.

1. To allow users upload, we nede to grant user upload_files capability. I am trying to grant it only on the page the form is displayed for security reasons, but in the ajax mode we don’t know whether the upload request is coming from our editor or not(Using WordPress built in functionality here)

2. We want to limit the users to their own uploads viewing, the default uploader is showing all media(not the ideal situation). I can filter that but that is affecting the admin experience too.

I am still working on to find a better solution for these two things.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1993

Hi,
    I have updated the Bp Simple Front End post plugin. Please upgrade to 1.2.5 and let me know if it works for you or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nate on #1994

Can you walk us step by step on how to enable the media functionality in the Buddypress Profile Front End?

And is there a way to use this on other pages? (ie Plugin for widget so we can post from any page/sidebar)

• Participant
    Peter Blom on #1995

I’m at a loss as well here, updated the BpSFEpp to 1.2.5, no “add media/image button”? Went over the settings briefly thinking it needs to be activated within buddyblog or the like but couldn’t find anything? Even tried a new theme as I thought that might be the culprit (tried with twenty sixteen) but still no “add media” button.

I’m sure its obvious, but what am I missing?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1996

Hi Peter,
    you will need to update BuddyBlog as well. I had the updated version(1.1.4) so could not notice. In the admin settings of BuddyBlog, you will see the option to allow uer uploads. Please make sure you select “Yes” and click “save”.

After that the Button will appear on the new/edit blog post page.

@dtcdh16
    Hi Nate, are you using BuddyBlog. If yes, Please follow the steps above and It will be available.

It is possible to use the Simple Front end post on any page, but you will need to write some custom code for it(Registering form)

• Participant
    Peter Blom on #1997

Ah, makes more sense, I went over the buddyblog plugin page as I thought it should have been updated as well but couldn’t see an update 🙂 (can now though 😉 )

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved