BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog, images/media support.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2036

Hi Peter,
    have you had a chance to use the plugin?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Peter Blom on #2039

Hello, sry, got a little busy and when I finally had time to reply I couldn’t access to forums.

I tried it all out locally and it worked wonders, but when moving it online to the livesite, it ran into some problem. I’m guessing its the user restriction or id bugging out. As everything works as intended if you try it out as editor/author/administrator. But as subscriber, the buddyblog edit box doesn’t even show up at all.

live site is http://www.smpc.se

Made a quick user if you want to check it out yourself, if you want to try as subscriber you could just register a user. I tried a varaitey of settings and goofing around but could get it to work. Wich is weird considering it worked on my local installation, wich is essentially the same (multisite, same theme, everthing the same)

user: smpcadmin
    pass: buddydev1234

While having it active, one little quirk came up that I hadn’t really given any thought. When buddyblog’s active, all articles gets pointed to the user profile, wich is a bit unfortunate for the actual site articles that are made by admins/editor/site authors etc that should just be directed to specific pages/category pages etc. I have no idea if its possible to filter this so only articles that are made by subsribers actually get pointed to, and viewd on the the actual profile?

I’m gonna be unavilble for some 2-3 hours or such, but I’ll activate the plugins for now if you want to have a look, maybe its the JS script not loading properly.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Peter Blom.
  • Participant
    Peter Blom on #2042

I’ve been trying most things I could think of but still no real progress. (tried disableing plugins etc to replicate the local install exactly and lots of different stuff).

I had to deactivate the plugins now on the livesite due to to much mess with every single post (that is “site/editor/author material) showing/linking to their respective user profiles.

• Participant
    Peter Blom on #2044

Jesus…. Now I’m the one screwing up 🙂 The plugin works just fine in terms of posting/editor. Instead of registering a user, I created one from the backend and I did it from the network admin, I forgot to assign subscriber to that user for the smpc site….. (strangly I could still log in so I didn’t notice the differance, the default seemd to be participant when not registering properly from the front end….. )

So that was my bad.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2047

Hi Peter,
    No worries. I was about to reply your old message when I saw the new one.

It is finally good to know that everything is working. Thank you for your patience with me and helping to move our editor to the next level. I am sure, It is going to be a lot helpful for others.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Peter Blom on #2048

With all the things working properly with the editor.

You think there’s some fairly easy way to filter out wich post’s are shown on the users profiles? Perhaps by category? Or by access rights/levels/user role?

As when clicking on an article on say our main page or some specific category page you get directed to the user profile and read the article there. That doesn’t really work for the articles created by the admins and site editors/authors. They need to link to the article on the actual category page (or event page or whatever the article might be about).

Only the one category that I’ve currently enabled for the subscribers to post in should really link back to the buddypress profile to be read on the buddypress profile page.

You think this is something that’s doable?

And thanks you for the great support on the matter so far as well, I can see this plugin starting to be really useful, and quite uniqe 🙂

// Peter

• Participant
    Peter Blom on #2052

Best option would be able to filter on categories, to allow editors/admins as well to be able to write the “simple blogs” in the “subscriber categories” if they would feel like (actually mostly just to mingle a little with the subscribers but hey 😉 )

And sorry for spamming ^^

Hopefully I explained the problem clearly enough in my previous post? If not let me know.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2055

Hi Peter,
    Thank you for asking. I do understand that when not using custom post type, It is an issue. Either it is all on profile or none on profile.

If we can give the option to select allowed terms from the admin, It can be easily done. Please give me 1-2 day and I will do something better about it(giving settings instead of the php filters).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Leo on #2068

Hi guys, I was also looking for a solution to add media to user posts, so you made it, I have updated BuddyBlog and BP Simple Front End Post plugins and it works just fine! Thank you!

I have another problem, though. I cannot show post excerpts instead of full text in the user profile BuddyBlog page.
    How can I make it to show only summary text, for example 200 characters with no images from content and a read more button?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Leo

• Participant
    Peter Blom on #2070

Sorry for stressing Brajesh, any progress the matter? Quite anxious to try it out 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved