BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog, images/media support.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Peter Blom on #1998

And it seem to be working fine! Awesome stuff! But (yeah… there’s always a but…) did we loose the featured image? One can set select the featured from within the media manager, but it doesn’t seem to apply?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nate on #1999

Good stuff. Thanks for the update.

Can we also get clarification on

1. How to set featured image

2. And maybe Peter may have some insight on this as well, do you have any idea/opinion on how to get the pictures uploaded through the Buddy Blog editor into individual galleries found in the user’s profile?

I think the ultimate goal for us is to allow a user to upload his own files or use the rtmedia social sync to upload files right from facebook into our site.

We want these galleries to show up on each individual’s profile but also have the option of showing all the galleries of a specific group in a stream of some sort so that people can randomly peruse them or search via tags.

Sorry if that was a bit convoluted.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

• Participant
    Peter Blom on #2000

Maybe not much of an input, but for the featured image, so mostly IRT Brajesh, I think it comes down to restrictions yes (as user not allowed to set featured image, maybe something due to how you worked around restricting the media manager?) As you can set the featured image just fine from backend (as admin/editor etc). As the option is there, just doesn’t seem to apply/register.

Regarding #2 I’m not sure if that’s even a wanted feature, might be, but the galleries and pictures shown on gallery and albumpage is kinda separated from the posting in blogs/buddyblogging. But yes it might end up having to upload twice and/or result in duplicate images if one is to create a blog first and then wanting to do a gallery on the profile with mediapress or rtmedia and include som of thoose images. The “correct” way would obviously be to upload albums/images first, then create the blog.

So in a sense it would be good I suppose to be able to add in images to the galleries/albums from the same kind of limited media manager (only showing user uploaded images) as you can in the blogs here. That said, I also think its way out of the scope of this plugin and support, especially using RTmedia (considering its pretty much a competing plugin with mediapress that Buddydev supplies 😛 ). After some earlier quick comparison we also went with RTmedia due to some extended and specific functionality (rating, watermarks etc etc). Thats said, RTmedia is also lacking quite some features and functionality at this point.

Thinking about it a little, that user-restricted media manager would indeed be a great feature to have across the “entire” user profile/buddypress/forum profile, for galleries, activity, blogs (wich we have now thanks to Brajesh’s awesome work), bbPress forum posting etc. Would make for a nice, uniform and consistant handling of images looking at it from a user/ease of use/usability perspective.

Sorry for quite the long rant, guessing its the OCD interaktion designer in me that takes over. 🙂

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Peter Blom.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2002

Hi Nate, Peter

1. The featured image is not being set as the current implementation is not passing the post id. I am working on it and will have a fix soon.

2. I agree with Peter on that. I am not sure about RT Media( It should most probably) but if you are using MediaPress, all the images /media uploaded by a user is available for use in their blog with the current implementation of BuddyBlog.

PS: For MediaPress, every expected feature is coming after 15th December(Includes watermark, rating and a lot more).

• Participant
    Peter Blom on #2008

Thanks for the update Brajesh

Looking forward for to the update, also the mediapress, sounds interesting, will have to take a look at it again later on then.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2009

Thank you Peter.
    Some good news here. I have got the add remove thumbnail working properly as well as the other things now. I won’t be able to post today and the code needs some more cleanup but will do tomorrow.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2011

Hi Peter, Nate
    Please Upgrade to Simple Front End post plugin 1.2.6

Now, this plugin allows setting/removing featured image properly.

Hope that helps.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Peter Blom on #2012

Tried it now, but still doesn’t seem to really register the set featured image. Tried both using the media manger and the below post link to featured image.

It still doesn’t seem to register the selection. Was there any update to buddyblog as well?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2013

No, BuddyBlog update is not required. Are you able to set/remove post thumbnail on the screen? Also, if you are using custom post type, please make sure your post type supports post thumbnail.

• Participant
    Peter Blom on #2014

IIRC the featured image, when selected was also shown underneath the post in some 2-3 versions ago yes? It comes out blank as of now, asuming because its not properly registering the image set. Also checking in backend as admin there’s no image set.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved