BuddyDev

Search

buddyblog & multiple post type with custom field

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Lapo on #452

Hi, I’m trying to configure the wonderfull buddyblog plugin

I’ve downloaded and installed buddyblog and Simple Front End Post.
    I can see even my 2 different custom blog post type and relative taxonomies.

but How can I add 2 different post types?
    Then:
    My post types having some custom field, and some template like single-type1.php and single-type2.php and some archive pages for each user and for the “whole content” of all type1 and type2 post.

How can I add them to the front end and showing them in the correct way?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #455

Hi Lapo,
    Welcome to the BuddyDev Forums.

I am sorry to say this but BuddyBlog does not support multiple post type. It supports only one. You can choose any one of the post type but not two.

The complications arise from the fact that each of the post type have their own set of custom taxonomies/configuration and will have different requirement for showing forms.

If you are a developer, It is possible to extend the BuddyBlog to use Multiple post forms( will need registering the other form manually using simple front end post and displaying the form by adding a new tab ). Pleaselet me know and I will assist.

If you are a site admin, I believe there is a plugin called BuddyForms that already provide this functionality(I may be mistaken, you may want to give that a try).

• Participant
    Lapo on #490

Thank you so much for such wellcome 🙂
    I’ve some likkle skills in developing but about Wp i’m still lost 🙂
    I tried to make some step by myself and something happen:

I’ve 2 blog type: portfolio and actions.
    Actions are mapped with your plugin by the standard settings page.
    For Portfolio: -from the old plugin page I found the code for dealing with post type :

add_filter(‘buddyblog_get_post_type’,’buddyblog_my_post_type’); function buddyblog_my_post_type($post_type){ return ‘portfolio’; }

-from the article I can’t well understand where to put the above code.
    The only words are on frontend plugin and says: “The above code must be called on/before bp_init action priority 10.”
    but where?
    I know this issue can be made by my little knowledge of the wp framework.
    After looking around I found my personal copy of BP-COSTUM.PHP (my is located on plugin root directory) and I made it for some special interaction/costumization with others plugin.
    On that file I call an ‘init’ action for a costum field made for buddypress user registration:

add_action(‘bp_init’, ‘bp_add_custom_country_list’);

so i put the “buddyblog above code” before this hook, and something happen!

Now both post showed in frontend view!

Now I’d like to understand if its possible to tell to the plugin to use the appropriate single-portfolio.php and single-action.php for show the results post thats contains mine custom post’s field and how to add them to input form.
    And finally how to map the appropriate pages(new for both- archive of all actions or portfolio – archive for each user portfolio and action) and using my own pages with buddypress user and post type.

can I even change some label like “new post” to something like “new portfolio”?

thanks again for your patience!
    Lapo

• Participant
    Lapo on #521

no news? 🙁

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved