BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro: adding Tags field to post form

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chris Bolinger on #47128

When I create a blog post in WordPress, I can specify the tags to be associated with the post.

I want my BuddyBlog Pro users to do the same thing. But the post form is limited to these fields:
    title
    content
    excerpt
    featured image

If I create a custom field and allow the user to specify tags in that field, then I assume that I (as the administrator) have to extract the tags and enter them into the (WordPress) post before it goes live. I want my users to be able to post without my intervention.

How do I allow users to specify post tags?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47129

Hi Chris,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

We have the settings for taxonomies(category,tags etc). There is a bug currently that makes the taxonomy section available if there are atleast one term.

Please Add a tag Category and visit the BuddyBlog->Forms->Edit. You will find the settings for taxonomies there. With each taxonomy, you can enable/disable it and control if users can create or not.

Please give it a try and let me know if it works or not

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chris Bolinger on #47140

OK, I understand. If I activate the Tags taxonomy then, when a user (in my case, a group moderator) creates a blog post, he can see existing tags and select the one or ones that apply to his post.

What I’d like is to allow each user to specify his own tags rather than being restricted to selecting from a list of tags that I, as the administrator, have created. I don’t think that BuddyBlog Pro supports this capability. Any plans to add it in the near future?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47155

Hi Chris,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

Please make sure in the form settings, you have enabled the option:-
    https://ibb.co/Zgk7T6K

I have tested and it works for group too.

Please try and let me know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chris Bolinger on #47176

Got it! That works. Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47177

Thank you for confirming Chris!

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro: adding Tags field to post form’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved