BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro with Restrict Content Pro

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jason Hayward on #50352

Hi,

I’m using BuddyBlog Pro with https://www.buddyboss.com/website-platform and https://restrictcontentpro.com

I have tried editing all the tab settings for hours, including making them the most available possible:

– Enabled tab for – All members
    – Tab is visible to – Anyone

The only way I can seem to give users access to their profile tabs created by BuddyBlog Pro is to give them manage_options capability. This level of capability is too high as it gives them access to the back-end and site settings etc.

Author level users do not need the manage_options capability to view / create / publish / edit / delete posts.

Am I doing something wrong? What capabilities are usually needed for users to access their BuddyBlog profile tabs?

Many thanks,
    Jason

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #50362

Hello Jason,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have tried BuddyBlog Pro with the free version of the Restrict Content Pro available on WordPress and it is working fine Tabs are added as per BuddyBlog Pro settings. There might be confusion or configuration issues. Please try to disable all plugins except BuddyBoss Platform and BuddyBlog Pro to find out who is causing the issue so that We can debug further.

– Tab is visible to – Anyone
    Will not work for tabs like ‘Create’, ‘Pending’ and ‘Draft’ because it is user-specific.

Also, Is there any plugin with deals with BuddyPress user tabs please let me know.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50363

Hi Jason,
    Hope you are doing well.
    I will add some more to Ravi’s reply.

1. BuddyBlog Pro does not need you to add any custom capability to user. We manage it programatically. All you need to do is to select who can create/edit in the BuddyBlog->Settings->Post Type(specific post type) screen. Even users with subscriber role can create/edit post on their profile if you allow it here.

If that is not working, It is a confclit.

please share details about your current setup(active plugins and themes). You can find this detail in Dashboard->Tools->Site Health->Info screen.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jason Hayward on #50384
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50388
  • Participant
    Jason Hayward on #50398
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50399
  • Participant
    Jason Hayward on #50408

Hi Brajesh,

I missed that setting. It would be good to have documentation about all the settings and what they do rather than just a video.

Anyway, thank you for you’re help and for fixing it.

Kind regards,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50409

Hi Jason,
    I am glad your issues is resolved.

We have a complete section of documentation dedicated to BuddyBlog.
    Here is what you have been looking for.
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddyblog-pro/user-profile-tabs-post-creations-setting-with-buddyblog-pro/

The documentation links are available from:-
    – BuddyBlog Pro plugin page on our site
    – in your Plugins List page after you activate BuddyBlog, It is next to deactivate link.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved