BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Auto Activate Auto Login – Cannot login

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Christophe Bergot on #23950

Hello Brajesh,

I have tried many different tests and I have just discovered few things :

– The “Conditional Profile Fields” plugin works well with the “BP Search Profile” plugin and “Legacy” BP Template if we add the code below :
    add_filter( ‘bp_is_conditional_profile_field_active’, ‘__return_true’ );

– The “Conditional Profile Fields” plugin DOESN’T works with the “BP Search Profile” plugin and “Nouveau” BP Template

But the “Legacy” BP Template is outdated and ugly on the front-end …

Please do you know what code to change/update in the “Nouveau” BP Template to make compatible both “Conditional Profile Fields” & “BP Search Profile” plugins ?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• Participant
    Christophe Bergot on #23969

Hello Brajesh,

With the help of the Theme settings, the outdated BP “Legacy” template is rather beautiful …

Therefore, all OK now, except the AJAX Registration Form.

Please do you have any code to hide the xProfile fields on the AJAX Registration Form ?

I will only keep the “Type of Member” select field on the AJAX Registration Form and no more …

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24028

Hi Chris,
    Thank you for your feedback.

Please allow me to clarify a few things.

1. BuddyPress legacy template is neither buggy nor outdated. If someone told you it is outdated, they have misguided you.
    2. BuddyPress Nouveu is a broken template and uses outdated Backbonejs.
    3. We did not support the Nouveau initially due to the way events were handled in Nouveau. It makes simple tasks complex.
    4. Yes, legacy looks less elegant than Nouveau but has better extension feasible.

Now that I have clarified about BP Legacy’s position vs Nouveau, I believe Conditional Profile Field will work with both.

The message that you saw was for BP Profile search’s template. We no more support condition with Profile Search plugin.

So, you can use both template packs without issue.

Also, If you are using our member types pro, You may avoid the Conditional field and use member types for conditions instead.(You will need to enable Conditional registration option in settings). It works in both the template packs.

PS:- Replying about the Ajax registration Form in next reply.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24029

Hi,
    About Ajax Registration form and conditional Profile field. They should be compatible. Please share me a page on your site and I can test and assist quickly.

It is possible, there compatibility broke with Ajax register 2.0. Please link me to a page and I will provide an update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Christophe Bergot on #24050

Hi Brajesh,

Like your AJAX Registration Form, I really like the “Legacy” template and my Theme is beautiful too … Moreover, the “Legacy” template load faster …
    If you want to see “outdated Legacy template” in red color, please visit the WP-admin, Users->Profile Search (plugin) …!!

I don’t believe in anything but I test. if result is OK, I move to the next step. If result is not OK, I rectify it or find an alternative. I am beginner, then I don’t rectify but find alternatives … therefore I am happy with the “Legacy” template and I hope that ALL plugins will always work with such template …
    The Conditional Profile Field plugin works well with Profile Search plugin and “Legacy” template, PLEASE KEEP IT WORKING because WE ALL NEED IT (please visit Forums)!! WHY ? BECAUSE A SEARCH WITH CONDITIONAL LOGIC IS A GREAT OPTION IN HIGH DEMAND, AND ONLY BP + PLUGINS CAN OFFER THAT … or you could code a new Profile Search plugin to make it works with the Conditional Profile Field plugin, this second option is great too, do you agree ?

About the Conditional Field in the AJAX Registration Form, I don’t care of it because I wish to hide these xProfile fields, except the “Member Type” :

1- Hide the xProfile fields in the AJAX Registration Form :
    Please how to do it ?

2- Automatically Redirect to the Profile Page just after login :
    Please how to do it ?

One more thing, as said before, I am a beginner … then I don’t understand “do this, do that” with short or no explanations …” but instead I need clear explanation with STEP BY STEP PROCEDURES and/or EXAMPLES for instance. Thanks in advance …

You will find attached the WP-Admin access of my test site in the next private message. This test site can be modified without any problem, even it could be broken because that simply means we work on it …
    Like the previous “outdated”, you could see that the Conditional visibility doesn’t work on the AJAX Form but It might be MY mistake … !! Anyway, as said I wish to hide these fields …

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• Participant
    Christophe Bergot on #24051
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24054

Hi Chris,
    Thank you.

I am sorry, I thought it was about the use of legacy BuddyPress template pack.

2. Redirect to profile on Login:- I have setup it. To see it, Please visit
    Dashboard->settings->BP Ajax registration
    Click on Login Tab.

I have set
    “Action after successful login?” -> Redirect to Another page
    “After login, redirect to?” – [user.url]

[user.url] and a few other predefined placeholders allow you to link to dynamic pages.

1. You can move the fields from First Field group to another and they will go away from registration.
    Steps:-
    Please visit Dashboard->Users->profile Fields.
    At the top you will note “Base” which is primary profile field group(currently holding all fields).

Tip:- Field groups allow you to organize your fields into multiple section.

At the top, you will find “Add New Field Groups” Use that to create another field group.

Once you are done with the Field Group creation, You can drag and drop the fields from first group to second. Please move the fields there.

The fields will be available on edit profile but not on registration.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Christophe Bergot on #24090

Hello Brajesh,

Thank you for your help, it works Great (both 1 & 2) …

However, I have noticed that BP Member Types Pro + Conditional Profile Fields plugins are not compatible with BP Search Profile plugins … I have just written a new topics about that …

Instead, I am going to try BP xProfile Member Type Field but not sure that plugin can include WP User Role which is mandatory for me because some menus (primary) will be accessible for one WP Use Role but not for the second WP User Role … but this plugin should work with BP Search Profile …

Thank you again,

Chris

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24095

Hi Chris,
    Thank you.

I am glad it worked.

Let us continue the discussion about profile field and search here

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/member-types-pro-conditional-fields-not-compatible-with-bp-search-profile/

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Auto Activate Auto Login – Cannot login’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved