Hi, I am back with more future feature wishes in BuddyPress Custom Xprofile Fields 🙂
I am looking for a way of defining your own sex, and what sex you are looking for.
The problem is that there are no option of defining the members gender in BuddyPress.
I can use the Visibility Condition for showing certain fields for men and woman only.
But how do I define the sex I seek for at registration, and afterwards only se that sex listed in BuddyPress?
Right now I have got a code snippet (thanks to Andrea Tarantini) which make it possible showing and searching members of the opposite sex only.
But I want to give members choice of choosing their own sex also.
Could this be a future option with BuddyPress Custom Xprofile Fields?
- Brajesh Singh on June 5, 2018 at 1:04 am #15483
1. The conditional profile field is not tested with Xprofile Custom Field types. I do hope to test it in next couple of weeks and add the compatibility wherever needed.
2. Gender is a field that I would love to have. The problem with Gender is that it needs to be implemented in a way where the listing of users by gender should be fast.
In my personal opinion, instead of the normal field, member type suits this much better. The exclusion/inclusion by member type is much more efficient than the normal data field.
In the long run, I plan to add the following field types
– Member Types( by consolidating my other plugin into it)’
– Groups(single/multi, I am still not sure how much useful this will be)
I won’t be able to work much on Xprofile Field Type for next one week. Hoping to add the Profile search compatibility first and then these field in next 2 weeks.
That’s good news, what’s in the pipeline, I’m very much looking forward to see some of all those exiting features implemented in the plugin in future updates, which will make it a real kick ass plugin in the long run, that can substitute many of the third party plugins you’ll need today to ad the wanted features for BuddyPress.
- Brajesh Singh on June 5, 2018 at 12:47 pm #15489
I also share the same goal. In fact, we will get rid of 2-3 of our own plugins by merging the profile field types/customizations.
- Brajesh Singh on June 10, 2018 at 10:13 am #15598
Just wanted to let you know that I have added compatibility with BP Profile Search plugin in 1.0.3. It is now available for upgrade from wp.org.
Hi Brajesh, thanks for the BP Search compatibility update, it works very well and so does the show/hide months and the To/From fields.
I am having an error message though when saving extended profile information, not the primary profile information
- Brajesh Singh on June 11, 2018 at 4:57 pm #15621
That error is thrown by BuddyPress is the field value does not validate. Check for the fields on that page and try finding a reason. Most probably some field is having an invalid value on that group.
Please let me know if you are able to find.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.