BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress Group Activity Notifier not deleting notifications

• Participant
    Shashi Kumar on #10855

I want to just notify about Buddypress Group Activity Notifier Plugin defect.

How to reproduce the defect :-

1. Create a group activity
    2. The group member will receive a notification.
    3. Let’s delete the group activity before the user clicks on the notification link.

Expected Result :-
    The notification related to the activity should also be get deleted.

Actual Result :-
    A notification with blank content can be seen in the members notification bar.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10881

Thank you Shashi.
    We are looking at it and will keep you informed.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Philip Strothmann on #30088

Dear @sbrajesh,

this issue seems to still be present. Whenever I delete a status update in a group etc, the notification stays and appears as a blank notification, instead of being cleared. That’s quite irritating for users and it would be fantastic if this could be addressed 🙂

Thanks so much in advance.

Kind regards, Philip

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30096

Hi Philip,

Thank you for reminding.

Please upgrade to 1.0.6. After the update, if an activity gets deleted, It will clear user notifications for that activity.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Philip Strothmann on #30100

Dear @sbrajesh,

actually I’ve been on 1.0.6. for quite a while. I suspect then that the issue might be caused by Youzer? It’s a plugin that I use for buddypress and it comes with custom status formats to add functionality to status posts. Could you point me to where in the code of your plugin I could essentially add custom update types so it’s supported?

That would be fantastic. Have a nice weekend.

Kind regards, Philip

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30101

Hi Philip,
    I am sorry, I don’t know how you were using 1.0.6. I just released it today with the changes.

Please re-download and give it a try. As far as Youzer is concerned, we do not provide compatibility with it for any of our plugins.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Philip Strothmann on #30102

Dear Brajesh,

so sorry, I should have doubled checked the version number because I checked for updates before I posted today! I didn’t think you would react so super quickly to get this fixed and thus thought the issue was related to Youzer. My bad, version 1.0.6 fixed the issue indeed, thanks you SO MUCH 🙂

Kind regards, Philip

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30116

Hi Philip,

No issue.
    You are welcome 🙂

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddypress Group Activity Notifier not deleting notifications’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved