BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress Member Type Pro

Tagged: , ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jimmy Cheung on #34833

Hi, I just purchased this buddypress member type pro. I kinda already set for different gender.

Basically what I wanted to do is, the female can talk and see other female ONLY!!! Same for the male, the male can talk and see other male ONLY!!! It doesn’t matter what pages, forum, etc area within the site. By using this plugin it makes totally separated from the female and male.

Can you show and help me how to set this plugin on the settings? Do I need other plugins to work together with it?

Please advise, Thanks Jimmy

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34843

Hi Jimmy,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

Please have a look at this post for allowing filtering of the members list by gender

https://buddydev.com/show-only-users-of-opposite-genders-on-buddypress-site/

Currently, we do not have the script for disabling profile visit by member type (I will make a post for the same).
    For stopping users form sending messages, you can use our upcoming Message Restrictions plugin).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34846

Sorry, I forgot. The above linked post does have the code to avoid profile access.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jimmy Cheung on #34852

Hi Brajesh,

I see that function/code. I will put it in the bp-custom.php to see what will come up for my needs.

Oh, btw, would you recommend these 3 plugins that will work well with Buddypress Member Type Pro? Maybe even other FREE plugins (pro) that give even more separation between male/female?

Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress
    BuddyPress Xprofile Member Type Field
    Link Page to Groups

Please advise for other plugins, etc.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Jimmy Cheung. Reason: UPDATE MORE EXTRA INFO
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34854

Hi Jimmy,
    Thank you.

1. Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress:- You do not need this plugin as member types pro allows you to set field conditions based on member types

2. BuddyPress Xprofile Member Type Field:- You do not need this. The member types pro comes with single and multi member type field.

3. Link Page to Groups:- I do not see any issue with it. It does not have any relation with the member type though.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jimmy Cheung on #34855

Hi Brajesh,

Ok, Even better for less plugins usages. Super for pointing out to me. Otherwise, I will be scratching my head. LOL

Sounds like I did a perfect buy for this Member Type Pro after all.

Thanks so much for your big help!
    Jimmy

P.S. Indeed, by any chance if your developers going to create more features on a new plugin works with Member Type Pro? Please send out newsletter/email, etc. I will be the first buyer 🙂

• Participant
    Jimmy Cheung on #34862

Hi Brajesh,

I have to reopened this support once more.

Anyway, I copied and pasted this function (post #34843 Show only users of opposite genders on BuddyPress site).

I don’t know what to see/do after putting the function? What am i to see the differences, or I should make changes/settings? What admin menu I should click to do/see the adjustment?

Please advise,
    Thanks Jimmy

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34864

Hi Jimmy,
    Thank you for the reply.

That code needs modification to work for same gender.

Please remove that and use the following code instead
    https://gist.github.com/sbrajesh/c38e370370e815495c2773de6e3e984d

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jimmy Cheung on #34871

Hi Brajesh,

The new users will not show on the members page? The gender is not tie to the Paid Membership Pro, it’s has Free|Bronze|Silver|Plus by default. Here’s what I did.

1 – I changed over to that NEW functions.
    2 – Member Type already set for MALE , FEMALE.
    3 – I created 4 users. (Users log in to trigger so it will show on the members page.
    4 – NO Member Type to set in the PMPro? (Isn’t should be compatible for auto show setting?)

How can PMPro can recognize the Member Type? Maybe that’s why is not showing?

Please advise help,
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34897

Hi Jimmy,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

Can you please temporarily disable the PMPro and check if the users are showing in the list?

Paid Membership Pro has an addon for BuddyPress, if you have that addon, they will recognize member type, otherwise not.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved