BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Member Type Pro – Hide Profile Tabs based on member type

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Sujee Kulendran on #13970

Hi Brajesh,

Firstly, your plugins are amazing!

I wanted to see if you can aid me with the following. I am a premium member and downloaded the Members Type Pro plugin. I am having difficulty removing profile tabs based on member types. I figured it could be a simple snippet I can apply either as a MU-Plugin or in my BP-Custom.

If you can provide a general snippet where I can just state which member type and which tab to remove, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Sujee

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #13971

Hi,

I noticed that after upgrading to member type pro, the option to choose ‘member type’ from ‘extended profile’ is missing. How do I assign current users to a member type?

Also, the directory filtering is not working for me. I had used CSS to remove the ‘All Members’ tab so only ‘My Friends’ show. Then, when I use a member type directory, it should only show members of that type who are friends with the current user.

If you could help, that would be awesome. I can share with you some images to help you understand but not sure how to upload it here.

Sujee

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13980

Hi Sujee,
    Thank you for the kind words and being a premium member.

1. Xprofile field:- Please visit Dashboard->Users->Profile Fields and make sure you have the member type xprofile field. Please make sure you don’t have the xprofile member type field plugin installed.

You may want to edit and setup various options for it. That should show the field.

2. Member Type Directory listing:- Please check this one more time. It should work.

3. Removing Profile tabs based on member type:- At the moment, the simplest solution will be to use the
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-user-profile-tabs-creator-pro/

and control the visibility of the tab.

It does not provide member type based option but you can use role.

If you only want to do it based on member type, Please let me know and I will post the code.

Please do note that hiding a tab depends on two things:- visited profile and visitor. So, if we are going to tackle this, we will need conditions for both.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #13983

Brajesh,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I don’t see how I can add ‘xprofile’ field unless I install the xprofile member type field plugin installed. How else can I add it?

Sujee

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #13985

Brajesh,

The profile tab plugin is amazing – thank you! I had no problem adding a new tab but when I modify existing, I don’t see an option to add ‘slug’ as shown in your tutorial. Any idea why?

Thanks,

Sujee

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13986

Hi Sujee,
    Thank you.

1. The Member Types pro comes with two xprofile member type field. Single Member Type or Multiple Member Type and a lot more features.

Please see
    https://buddydev.com/docs/guides/plugins/buddypress-plugins/buddypress-member-types-pro/creating-buddypress-member-type-profile-fields/

2. Please see the tutorial on how to enable it if it is not visible.
    https://buddydev.com/docs/guides/plugins/buddypress-plugins/buddypress-user-profile-tabs-creator-pro/enable-slug-option-profile-tabs-editing/

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #13992
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14010
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14011
  • Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #14015

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Member Type Pro – Hide Profile Tabs based on member type’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved