BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Member Types Pro – mtype filter not working

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Allan Dorr on #9817

My test setup:
    https://hamitic-exceptions.000webhostapp.com/members/
    Server isn’t always stable, but it usually works. (And that’s not the problem, since I have the same problem on a local setup, with different parameters.)

webhostapp setup:

Wordpress 4.8
    Buddypress 2.8.2
    Divi Theme 3.0.60
    No Multisite

Fresh install

Started happening immediately

Plugins:
    All In One WP Security
    BP Profile Search
    Select BP Pseudo Role Field
    BuddyPress
    BuddyPress Member Types Pro
    Divi Builder
    Divi Children
    Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights
    Members

When a new user registers, they are already in the count of users for each role.
    That doesn’t seem right. This list seems like it should be minus the amount of pending (to be moderated) users.

Also, when a user is approved, they show up no matter which tab I click on.
    If the user is i.e. a Contributor, they show up when I click on Editors or Authors, and vice versa.

In attempting to debug the ajax/javascript calls, I don’t seem to come across anything being returned as to the scope… But maybe someone else is more versed in javascript debugging than I am.

Thanks for the help.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9819

Hi All,
    My apologies for the inconvenience. It seems there is a bug in 1.0.1.

Please allow me to take a look and fix it in next 1-2 hours.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9822

Hi Allan,
    Please upgrade to 1.0.2

It will fix the listing on the directory(All members visible in all tabs).

About Count:- We add the member type to user when the activate their account. I don’t see you using any plugin for moderation.
    The reason they are not visible immediately in the directory is that BuddyPress will list them if they login to the site.

I am not sure what will be the best strategy here, hitting the database for the individual count(currently, we use very simple single query for all counts and it is highly efficient) seems like a bad idea to me.
    We can either add the last active time for the user(Not in the plugin, I will post code) or leave it as it is.

Please let me know what do you suggest.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Allan Dorr on #9844

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks so much for the update. (I noticed the reply notification a little late.)
    It looks like the listings work now. Great!

As far as the immediate visibility thing:
    When a user signs up, BuddyPress already has them in a list of Pending users on my setup. There is BuddPress’ user moderation going on: no extra plugins.
    Checking every member in the list against pending members would seem to be very inefficient. And probably crazy on big set-ups.
    Isn’t there something we can do with the BuddyPress pending users list? Maybe not add the user to the Member Type until activation, with this filter/action?:
    bp_core_activated_user

(Off the topic, but wouldn’t this filter allow for one to also add someone to a group, based on another x-profile field – i.e. Country? Perhaps a future addition, or worthy of a new plugin?)

Thanks again,
    aldorr

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9847

Hi Allan,
    Thank you.

You are right. I just though about it and now I see what is happening. We were assigning the member type when profile field data was saved.

I will change the logic to mark it only on activation for non active user accounts.

About your second question:- We are working on a recommendation engine. It is stuck due to some confusions on how to allow creating rules and a few more things. We are trying to make it available this week(or a little delayed).

For member type pro, I will be pushing another update with some more changes(and the activation fix) tonight or day tomorrow.

Will post back again.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Allan Dorr on #9979

Hi Brajesh,

I’m glad what I was saying made sense.
    Perfect, now the Pending users are no longer counted until activated. Exactly what I was looking for.
    And now they show up in their respective member-type lists upon activation.
    But, the count does not get updated in the “All Members” list.
    The count says “1”, but the list has three members in it.
    https://hamitic-exceptions.000webhostapp.com/members/
    Thanks again for your work on this!

The recommendation engine sounds promising. Is it going to have a lot more features than allowing other group signups upon registering?
    Ideally, one could make users join certain “general” groups, and also join groups based on country, or some other x-profile field.

Cheers,
    Allan

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10005

Hi Allan,
    The All members count is managed by BuddyPress, Sometimes, It may go off because of caching etc. In that case, please visit Dahsboard->Tools->BuddyPress and force recalculate the members.

Thank you for suggestion about the Group, Yes, the goal is to create a highly flexible recommendation engine that allows auto adding for friends/groups on registration/activation and provides suggestions to the logged in members. Will continue the discussion on it in another thread.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Allan Dorr on #10031

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for the tip. Everything is working well.

I also utilized the shortcode which is really helpful for displaying members lists.

I’ll mark this as resolved and start another topic related to that.

Thanks again for the support,
    Allan

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10039

Hi Allan,
    Thank you. Thank you for marking it as resolved.

Will reply on the other thread now about the shortcode.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Member Types Pro – mtype filter not working’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved