BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Message Privacy without Friends component

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #25591

Brajesh, it’s a long time, but now I’m «back in town»…

…would like to use the BuddyPress Message Privacy plugin on the site where the Friends component is inactive.

Would you please extend the code so that the setting “Only Your Friends can send you a private message” does not show up on that site.

Thanks, Hans

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25593

Hi Hans,
    Welcome back.

Thank you for renewing the membership. I sincerely appreciate it.

I will make the updates by day end 3rd october for the message privacy plugin. Will post back after that.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    HansRuedi Keller on #25610

Thanks for your immediate reply, Brajesh! There is one more request…

I’m using the bp-nouveau templates, but for message privacy settings in the front end you are using your own type of font styling. Please inherit whats defined by bp-nouveau. Thanks!

• Participant
    HansRuedi Keller on #25611

Sorry, one more…

The message privacy plugin does not honor translation files in /wp-content/languages/plugins – you are always using the translation files in the plugin directory itself.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25613

Hi Hans,
    Thank you for the patience.

1. Please upgrade to 1.2.4. It will only show friends only privacy if friendship component is enabled.

2. For the localization, I am not sure. For me, It seems to be loading the locale file fine from the wp-content/languages/plugins/ directory.

https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-message-privacy/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    HansRuedi Keller on #25621

Hi Brajesh,

1. Perfect. Thanks!

2. Yes, it’s now loading my localization. Don’t know what I did wrong.

3. What custom CSS is needed to load the bp-nouveau font styling for your plugin in the frontend?

Thanks for help, Hans

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25622

Hi Hans,
    Thank you.

We are not adding any css on our own. The plugin should inherit from your theme. I am not sure what font styling you are looking for?

Can you please share some screenshot?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    HansRuedi Keller on #25623

Thanks again Brajesh for your help. In the meantime I did some “css cosmetics” with the theme I’m using (GeneratePress). Let’s close this topic.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25629

Thank you Hans.

I am gald you fixed the css.

Best regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    HansRuedi Keller on #25630

Hi Brajesh,

Sorry, I have to re-open this ticket. If the message privacy plugin is active I have a lot of these warnings in my error log:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/www-data/<domain>/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-messages/bp-messages-template.php on line 1682

Thanks for help, Hans

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Message Privacy without Friends component’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved