BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Moderation – Report Users/Groups

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14869

Hi Graham,
    Thank you for pointing. I just checked it and I see it is partially similar to what we have but not exactly that.

The project is stuck on the notifications channel implementation. I wanted to have multiple channels for notification and architect it that way. Will will implementing a default channel quickly now for each module and push the first release in next 48 hours.

I am happy with what we have at the moment and instead of delaying further and pondering on a few minor things, I will rather put a finished product soon.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14946

Hi All,
    Just wanted to let you know that I am still unable to put it as the first release.

It is one of my most ambitious project and I have been pushing the limit for last few days to release it. It seems that I will still need 2-4 days to put a release even if I skip on the moderation for some of the things(topic moderation/forums replies moderation/woocommerce product moderation). I plan to bring it in 2nd release( Any thing which can be identified by a type and id can be marked as reportable and it is easy to register/add new Reportable types).

I will have a series of posts about this plugin after the release. Please hold on a little more. The plugin is more focused on the actual work flow and is way beyond what you will find in a normal content flagging plugin.

Also, I did spend a lot of time on this because I planned to account for next 8-10 years of growth.

If some of you will take a look at it as a developer, I am sure, you will see the potential and enjoy working with it.

Thank you for the patience and bearing with me till now. When I had started, I thought to keep it simple but then again, as a developer, I could not resist the temptation of architecting it for future instead of releasing the simple one. And I have loved every bit of time spent on this project. I hope that you will love it too.

Best regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Graham Hoffman on #15538

Hey Brajesh,

Since I’m rebuilding my setup I’m now looking back at a moderation style plugin – do you have an ETA on release or thoughts since your last post?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15539

Hi Graham,
    Thank you for asking.

It is ready and it works with BuddyPress 2.9.x. I have yet to test with BuddyPress 3.0. I will do that today. Once I am done with the testing today, I will need a day to create the plugin page and the documentation.

In any case, I will be able to make it available by Late Sunday or early Monday.

Thank you for the patience.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Graham Hoffman on #15542

Awesome, ill hold out on the Wbcom plugin until I’ve tested this then.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15543

Sure. I am sure the plugin will speak for itself 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15612

Hi Graham,
    Hope you are doing well.

Just confirming that the plugin will be available today. It might come in the second half of the PST(or early evening) but it will available today.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15653

Hi Graham,
    The first version of the plugin is available now.

https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-moderation-tools/

It supports Users, Activity, Activity Comments, BuddyPress Groups and restriction on private message. The documentation needs work and I am hoping to provide a full coverage by the weekend. I also hope to add support for post(It is shipped with the plugin bu not enabled) and comment in next update. I could not complete these two types due to lack of time. Also, we may move some settings in next release as Private Message will have its own setting panel in next release.

Thank you for the patience and I am looking forward to your suggestions for the improvements.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved