BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Moderation Tools

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Eamon A on #28610

Hi, i was wondering if there is an update coming to integrate a Suspend button only for Admins of the site to suspend users and prevent them from logging in?

I can see that from your plugin if the user is reported to the threshold then they are blocked from logging back into the site, but what i would like done is something similar to another plugin where admins can suspend users instantly rather than wait for reports to reach the threshold.

For example the alternative plugin provides that feature.

(SUSPEND
    The Suspend tool allows you, as an administrator, to suspend a member. Available only to administrators is a ‘suspend’ button on your member’s profiles and the members list. Once clicked by you, all of that member’s sessions are terminated, and they will be unable to log back in, instead seeing a custom message explaining the situation.

Quickly deals with members who have breached your acceptable standards policies.
    Allows you to disable an account – until now, you would have to delete the account, or mark them as a spammer.
    Keeps their profile, uploads, messages and other assets ready, should you decide they can return to the site).

Hope to hear from you soon and thank you!

https://imgur.com/a/Eyf1pDf

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28611

Hi Eamon,
    Thank you for using Moderation tools.
    Yes, this is coming to Moderation tools this month.

We have been working on this and a few more things for moderation tools. I am looking forward to make them available this month.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Eric LUCAS on #29398

Hello, I would like to know if there is a simple way to prevent users (except super admin and maybe other roles) from posting in the sitewide activity and/or in the group activity.

I’ve seen “BuddyPress Moderation Tools” but unfortunately I don’t have enough money for that and I don’t need all these features.
    I just want to avoid that anyone posts any kind of crap after registering easily just with a click on the facebook button for example.

Thanks !

And also I would like to know if there is a plugin allowing to have some sort of “user bar” with a dropdown menu in the upper right corner, like here at BuddyDev.com and in so many other sites. Thanks a lot.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29404

Hi Eric,
    I appreciate you being a member of BuddyDev. I hope you understand that our time & efforts are valuable too. I will not be able duplicate the efforts and share it here.

If you can not afford the plugin, Please drop us a line via our contact form and I will make sure you have access to it.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29486

Hi Eric,
    I have sent you the coupon now.

Hi Eamon,
    I am sorry I forgot to mention it. We released an update with suspending feature a week ago.

You may find more details here.
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-moderation-tools/moderation-tools-user-suspend-module-settings/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Eamon A on #29519

Ah mate thank you 🙂 Will be taking a look into it now!

Regarding plugin updates, do i just deactivate/delete previous plugin and install the new one?

Thank you again

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29524

Hi Eamon,

If you have BuddyDev dashboard installed & configure, you can upgrade from the plugin page.

Otherwise, you can deactivate, delete and re-upload and activate.

I look forward to your tests.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31547

Marking resolved due to lack of replies.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Moderation Tools’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved