BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Moderation Tools – Custom Post Types

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Vivek Mathur on #21625

Hi, Want to check if the moderation tools report feature works also with Custom Post Types- ie i am using Geodirectory with CPTs and want to have the report feature on the listings also?

ALso for buddypress it covers updates, commetns, replies and PMs, right?

thanks,
    Vivek

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21636

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for the question.

Moderation tools plugin has support for Custom Post type built in. It is not enabled out of the box. We did that on purpose, to allow us more time testing the notification mails for a few custom post types.

It can be enabled in the current version of the plugin with 1 line.

bpmts_moderation_tools()->reportable_types->add( new Reportable_Post_Type( 'custom-post-type-name' ) );

I will ask our team to look into it on day after holi(tomorrow is Holi) nd get back to you if it works properly with Geodirectory or not.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Vivek Mathur on #21668

Hi Brajesh, can you please let me know when you folks are able to confirm if this works fro Geodirectory CPTs also?
    thanks!

• Participant
    Vivek Mathur on #21669

And for buddypress it works for post updates, commments, replies? and also PMs?
    thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21676

Hi Vivek,
    Thank you.
    1. Ravi tested it with custom post types and it worked. We had an issue with visibility because the way Geodir removes filters before query. We have added support for it.

At the moment, the release team( Ravi & I) are away and travelling, so release is delayed. Ravi should be back tomorrow(26th, Day), WE can have an update available then. Otherwise, Please wait till 28th. I will post an update about it tomorrow(today Indian Time).

2. The plugin supports, Activity post updates, comment replies. In private message, you can report the user but not the specific message content. It does not support cover image reporting. You can create a Category as “Cover Image” and let users report the user and select cover image as the reason.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21915

Hi Vivek,
    We will be needing a few more days on this. The Geodirectory plugin compatibility needs some more work. I will push a release upcoming Monday/Tuesday.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Vivek Mathur on #22101

Sure. thanks!

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nic on #22108

Hi,

Will this new update support adding your own custom post types without changing the code?

I use Pods and have three custom post types on my site that I need to activate moderation on.

Thanks,
    Nic

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22112

Hi Vivek,
    Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22113

Hi Nic,
    Thank you for the question.
    Yes, It will work for your own custom post types.

The Geodirectory is a special case as it filter pre_get_posts and causes issue with our query for hiding. The normal post types don’t have any issue like this.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved