BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Moderation Tools – moderate profile fields changes

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Maksim Rusakovich on #17752

Hello Brajesh.

Ok, I understand you.

Is it to possible to make 2 fields in member profile: the main (visible) and temporary (visible only for admin and user)

When the user fill the temporary field, admin gets the notification for moderation.
    If approve it, the info from temporary field replaces main info.
    If deny it, the info from temporary field is cleaned, main info is not changed.

• Participant
    Maksim Rusakovich on #20996

Any progress in this sphere?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20999

Hi Max

1. We released profile completion a few weeks ago
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-profile-completion/

2. The Profile field moderation is almost ready. Will be available in 1-2 week. Most probably as a separate addon(as of now). Before final release, I am going to see if we can merge it with Moderation tools, If we can, that will be the best thing.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Maksim Rusakovich on #21003

Thank you.

BuddyPress Profile Completion.
    But user should fill all mandatory fields during registration.
    What is the sense of this plugin?
    If not fill the fields, what restrictions make the plugin?
    Not described into the plugin info

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21008

Hi Max,
    It may not apply in your case as you have probably only one Profile field group. The general case when there are multiple profile field groups, the user only needs to fill required from firs group on registration.

So this helps with getting other filled as well as asking for profile photo/cover. I mentioned this plugin as I had replied in on of the posts on this topic about using same(when I had no plan for moderation field).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chen on #23034

Hi Brajesh,

This is a good idea. Thank you for all the great work!
    I’m wondering if the Profile Field Moderation was released as a separate addon? Or was it merged with Moderation Tools?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23035

Hi Chen,
    Thank you for asking.
    I did complete the moderation part and recording of changes for the profile fiedl update.

I could not release it as I was unable to plan the views properly. I am not sure how do I notify and list the profile field changes to admin in the dashboard.

I am specifically having issue in how do we allow some field data to be approved but not others from the same update. Do we put a approve/deny button again each changed field?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chen on #23047

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, an approve/deny button for each changed field would be ideal.

If a changed field is denied by admin, will it be cleared completely? Or will it remain as what was written there before the change was made?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23067

Hi Chen,
    Tahank you.

Currently we are stuck at this decision. We are not sure what the bets course of action is, should we notify the user and keep the old data(seems the correct step) or do something else?

We are going to take some time before we put it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chen on #23082

Hi Brajesh,

From experience, I’ve noticed that some (non-buddypress) sites notify users of profile change approvals and denials, while most don’t and just silently deny. Perhaps, you could add it as an option to notify users, with the choice for admin to just deny without notification as well and just leave the old data as-is.

I trust that you would know what is best in terms of how complex it would be to build. The least complex route would be okay. Either way, I think the most important thing is to notify admin, so that admin can take action without delay.

Regarding an approve/deny button for each field change— If it would make the work more complex to build it in a way that each field will need to be approved or denied individually, please make it an overall approval/denial (as a whole) instead. At least so that admin will get to review any or all changes before it is displayed publicly (…Kind of like how the User Approval review process works during initial registration for sites that don’t use activation links).

Thanks so much! I appreciate your help.
    Do you have a timeline as to when I should check back with you?

The topic ‘BuddyPress Moderation Tools – moderate profile fields changes’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved