BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Multi Network issue BuddyBoss Profile Fields Updation

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Pulakit Rana on #33015

I have installed buddyboss with plugin ‘BuddyPress Multi Network’ which is throwing an error with profile field are showing as saved but not getting updated. Could you please help on this. Ex – First Name and Last Name is not getting updated even the WordPress default First Name and Last Name is not getting sync issue.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33016

Hi Pulkit,

Welcome to BuddyDev.

Please provide the steps on how did you configure the multi network and how are you testing the issue.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Pulakit Rana on #33020

Thanks Brajesh,

for such a quick reply.

1. Enabled the ‘BP_MULTIBLOG’
    2. Network activated the ‘BuddyPress Multi Network’ Plugin
    3. Buddyboss Platform activated on subsite.

Sharing the screenshot for the same.

https://ibb.co/9wwkVGR
    https://ibb.co/Y35Mx7K
    https://ibb.co/q0wPBhm
    https://ibb.co/ryCKw7j
    https://ibb.co/wzwCDnG

Have followed your way how to configure. Hope this gives you an idea about the issue.

Thanks in advance!

• Participant
    Pulakit Rana on #33021

Would like to add one more thing. The updation is happening when it is being updated through WordPress default first name and last name but not through front end or extended profile option. No Xprofile option is being updated.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Rami Awad on #33025

Hi, In previous buddyboss versions it was updating first and last names but doesn’t update the nickname, since buddyboss 1.50 it doesn’t update at all when BP Multinetwork is active.

Regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33047

Hi Rami,
    Thank you for the reply.

In that case, I will suggest contacting BuddyBoss team and asking them if there was any change related to profile data sync. That will be helpful.

We haven’t pushed any update to this plugin recently, so It will be better to have their suggestion on it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Rami Awad on #33049

Hello Brajesh,

I already did and they said that you should update your plugin to work with Buddyboss. And it was always not updating the nickname with Buddyboss. The thing is recently more people are using buddyboss with your buddypress plugins and that’s why it was brought to your attention, but I started using Buddyboss shortly after it’s release and it wasn’t updating the nickname with Bp Multinetwork, the users were updating the nickname from WordPress backend, but not all users has access to the backend.

Also for Mutlinetwork can we do something to prevent the participant role with forums? if I enabled the forums component on subsites users will have access to the subsite directly without the need for registration. (Join blog widget wont work (doesn’t show) because the user already have a role).

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33059

Hi Rami,
    Thank you.

I am sorry but we are unable to provide a quick update for the plugin for BuddyBoss compatibility. If it is not compatible, we will be glad to add compatibility in future.

As of auto adding user to site, It is a bug(or feature) of bbPress plugin(included with BuddyBoss) and we are unable to do anything about it. If bbPress/BuddyBoss does not provide a way to fix it, we do not have any option.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Rami Awad on #33061

Hi Brajesh,

Fair enough! They are doing alot of a mess anyway and I cant ask you to fix their problems! Recently they had a problem with Automatic and they asked them to fix alot of things in their code (Theme and platform)

Bubbypress Multinetwork is still a life saver 🙂 and Buddydev for sure made Buddypress/boss a rich solution!

Buddyboss team also have all my respect for their awesome solution, we are just asking them to adjust somethings so that developers wont suffer! and I understand your hesitation also because right now they are doing alot of changes that will force you to change alot in your plugins for compatibility!

And thank you very much for always being supportive and trying to help even when its not your plugin!! We ask you and Ravi because you guys are our Buddypress/Wordpress heroes! RESPECT! 🙂

• Participant
    Rami Awad on #33062

I forget to mention that I contacted Buddyboss for this several month ago, not recently, but I didnt try again because they are very busy now adding features and not providing a real support.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Multi Network issue BuddyBoss Profile Fields Updation’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved