BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress Profile Completion Not Working for New Required Fields

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Philip Strothmann on #48450

Hey guys,

I’ve recently introduced a new required profile field and wanted to use BP Profile Completion to encourage also existing accounts to fill it out. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work. While the message appears for older required fields as well as for profile picture and cover photo, it doesn’t show for any new field that I’m adding in the backend, nor is the access restricted to the profile if I toggle the corresponding setting.

I deactivated all plugins in my dev env but the issue remains. I tried creating the new field with and without PB Profile Completion being activated etc, but I haven’t been able to identify the cause of the issue so far.

Would be great if this could be addressed 🙂

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards, Philip

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48456

Hi Philip,
    Welcome back.

This is the expected behaviour with profile completion.

Once a profile is marked as complete, we store a user meta with the user and a user with this meta will never be checked again for profile completion unless the user updates their profile again.

This is for efficiency purpose. For that reason, the only way to re-enforce checking will be to delete the user meta ‘_has_required_field_data’ for all users.

I don’t see any other way around in current version. There may be a better solution in future version where we could simply increment a value when admin changes profile fields and use that for comparison/flag.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Philip Strothmann on #48461

Hey Brajesh,

ok, thanks for letting me know 🙂 Yes, if this could be added in the future, that would be fantastic. In the meantime I just use a sitewide notification to ask people to update their profiles.

Kind regards, Philip

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48479

You are welcome Philip.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddypress Profile Completion Not Working for New Required Fields’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved