I am using WPLMS theme with WordPress Multi-site. Enabled Buddypress plugins on Network side (for multi-site). My expectation from multi-site as as below :
– Users getting registered on subdomain should automatically get registered on the main site and can be listed on the mainsite.com/members page.
– Users registering on the main domain should not be listed on the members page the subdomain.
– Users creating on subdomain1 should not allow login to subdomain2. Right now we are using only 1 subdomain so this is our future expectation.
Current issue –
– The registration page is blank for subdomain.com/register If I add the shortcode provided by theme [wplms_registration_form name=”main” field_meta=1] the registration page comes but when I submit the registration form it gets stuck and keep rolling.
– Members page is also not working for subdomain subdomain.com/members, again if I add the shortcode of the members grid provided by buddypress shortcodes, the list comes but the view I gets on mainsite.com/members goes away.
– I tried added blank pages for register, members nothing works. In fact if I add members page, it shows posts on that page. Not sure why?
Also, we would like to add some filters on the members page for the mainsite as well as subdomain, how can we provide Advance search options to viewers to define their search.
If you could quickly help, will be appreciated as tomorrow is weekend, you guys will not respond :).
Feel free to ask for the login credentials.
If you are using Network active BuddyPress registration, Here are the things that will happen:-
1. The registration happens on main site only. It is possible to allow registering on a sub site but that will need extra code hack.
Try enabling Multi Blog Mode. It will allow you have the social pages on all sub domains.
2. The user list is global. I don’;t see any available solution that limits to a site. If we do it based on domain specific roles, It won’t be efficient for larger community.
3. Multiblog mode will fix it.
4. Try BP Profile Search. It is the closest thing available.
Sorry I had to reopen the ticket.
I forgot to tell you that I am using Mediapress. When I enabled Multiblog mode it has disabled Mediapress gallary.
Kindly help me to resolve this issue. Mediapress works with “BuddyPress Multi Network plugin”. I have just installed that plugin and mediapress is working now. But, the registration pages and members pages gone away.
How can I solve this issue. Should I add the shortcodes for those pages, will that complete user registration as last time it didn’t work.
Thank you for the reply.
I am sorry but MediaPress will not work in multiblog mode on sub sites. It will work for only one site. Each site can have their own instance of MediaPress. There is no network wide gallery feasible yet.
It is something we decided on purpose to avoid complexities. I will suggest either using BP Multi Network(if that suits your use case) or keep it global.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.