BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress User – review of BuddyPress Force Profile Photo

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #6441

Hey Brajesh,

I’ve just reviewed BuddyPress Profile photo and I gave it 10 out of 10, the only enhancement I could think of would be an easy mechanism to edit the not allowed message.

http://buddyuser.com/plugin-review-buddypress-force-profile-photo

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Graham Hoffman on #6447

Perfect timing, I was just discussing this with a friend last night.

Have you noticed a drop in bot spam? I figure it’s probably a good front-end deterrant to stop them from using the site (if they do manage to register)

• Participant
    Venutius on #6448

There’s a new plugin you might want to look into, https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-bp-registration/ this create a multi-page registration process that includes signing up to groups etc and I feel may deter spam bots still further. It’s not quite working 100% yet but could be well worth keeping an eye on.

• Participant
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6450

Thank you George.
    We will add the options to change message from settings in future.

@Graham
    though It will help, It may be inconvenient for the users too. So, Please do consider your userbase before going with this plugin.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Graham Hoffman on #6474

Thanks for the reply both of you.

I actually am forcing my community to use profile pictures and real names so tough luck on them haha. On a serious note, since my userbase is being pulled from Facebook they’re more than used to have an avatar.

Thanks again.
    G

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6475

Hi Graham,
    It’s dood to know that. All the best with your community building 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress User – review of BuddyPress Force Profile Photo’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved