BuddyDev

Search

Can I Add Media Without a Gallery?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Christian Freeman on #27907

Hi BuddyDev Team,

I’m trying to setup my site with MediaPress so that my users can simply add media to their profiles, without having to create or use a Gallery. Is there any way to setup MediaPress so that my users can just post Photos and Videos to their profile (Accessible via a Profile Tab)?

Thannks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27911

Hi Christian,
    Thank you for the question.

Currently, It is not feasible in MediaPress. It is coming in near future though.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Christian Freeman on #28004

Hey Brajesh,

I thought that the Galleries were like another layer on top of the normal Media function. Sort of a way of categorizing the Media into folders. Until now, I had no idea that Galleries were required to even add Media. I really need this feature for a project I’m working on.

Do you have an estimate for when it will be possible to simply add Media without being forced to add it to a Gallery?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28010

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the reply.

I am sorry. Currently, gallery are at the core of the plugin. A media can not be uploaded if the gallery does not exist.

We want to change this and the upload experience but my biggest worry is how do we manage the upgrades form current version without breaking.

Since our schedule for March does not permit it, we plan to work on it in April and we ill try to coincide with BuddyPress 6.0 release(at the end of April) . But, I am not sure currently, It may take some more time depending on the challenges we face.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Christian Freeman on #29363

Hey Brajesh,

I hope you are well.

I just want to check in with you on this. What is your progress on the MediaPress update that will enable posting Media without requiring a Gallery?

Are you still on track for releasing this around early May?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29373

Hi Christian,
    I am sorry, we are nowhere near what we would like to do with MediaPress.

It will take some more time as there are 2 project with higher priority before we can work on it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Christian Freeman on #33792

Hey Brajesh,

I’m just checking in with you on this again. Do you have a new estimate for when this update will be implemented? It would be much easier to use MediaPress if the Galleries were not a requirement.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33795

Hi Christian,

Thank you for checking in.

We will have it most probably around March next year. By then, we will have a complete clear picture on what BuddyPress is bringing into core and we will be updating MediaPress accordingly.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved