BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Cannot open MediaPress settings after installing MediaPress Media Rating

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    thenrl on #11701

Hi,
    I’ve WordPress 4.8.3. I’ve installed MediaPress plugin 1.2.0 from wordpress repo. Everything worked fine. Then I’ve installed MediaPress Media Rating version 1.0.3 from your site. After that, “Settings” page for MediaPress is not loading – there is completely blank site instead.
    Can you help me? I need nice rating system for my photos.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #11704

Hello Thenrl,

Sorry for the inconvenience, Please try to debug as follows.

1. Enable WordPress debugging mode from ‘wp-config.php’ file. Change this

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

it will print the complete error.

2. Or Try with deactivating others plugin one by one and check which plugin is conflicting.

and let me know.

Thank You
    Ravi

• Participant
    thenrl on #11705

Hello, thank you for your reply.

This is the result after enabling DEBUG:

Notice: Undefined index: crop in /home/full-path/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mediapress/mpp-init.php on line 176

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bp_is_active() in /home/full-path/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mpp-media-rating/core/mpp-rating-functions.php:169 Stack trace: #0 /home/full-path/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mpp-media-rating/admin/admin.php(19): mpp_rating_get_rateable_components() #1 /home/full-path/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): MPP_Media_Rating_Admin->register_settings(Object(MPP_Admin_Settings_Page)) #2 /home/full-path/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #3 /home/full-path/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /home/full-path/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mediapress/admin/mpp-admin.php(659): do_action('mpp_admin_regis...', Object(MPP_Admin_Settings_Page)) #5 /home/full-path/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): MPP_Admin_Settings_Helper->init( in /home/full-path/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mpp-media-rating/core/mpp-rating-functions.php on line 169
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #11710

Hello Thenrl,

Thank you for the details.

I am sorry for the inconvenience .It’s our mistake. We missed to test mpp-media-rating without BuddyPress. The problem arises due to a dependency on BuddyPress.

Please allow me to update the plugin and fix the issue(It should not require BuddyPress) today.

Ravi

• Participant
    thenrl on #11715

Thank you! I’m looking forward for new version.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #11717

Hello Thenrl,

I have updated the plugin. Please download the latest version of plugin and let me know if it works or not. Check the following url

https://buddydev.com/plugins/mpp-media-rating/

Thank Yu
    Ravi

• Participant
    thenrl on #11721

Thank you, now the settings page is loading and the plugins is working fine!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #11729

Hello Thenrl,

Great, Thanks for the acknowledgement. I am glad that I could help.

Thank You
    Ravi

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Cannot open MediaPress settings after installing MediaPress Media Rating’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved