BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Change format of BuddyBlog Pro Post List

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Nick on #39114

Currently user blog posts are displaying only with the title, featured image, author and date. I would like to show either the full content as well, or perhaps even just an excerpt. Is this something that is currently possible within BuddyBlog Pro? I couldn’t find any settings that would make it work.

Or, is there something that I can/need to do with regards to a post archive file or something like that?

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #39118

Hello Nick,

Sorry for the inconvenience. BuddyBlog Pro by default does show a post’s excerpt on the user’s post screen. Is there any chance you have override the BuddyBlog posts template?. If not please let me know which posttype you are dealing with.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Nick on #39120

Not your fault! It is entirely possible that I overrode it… How would I restore it or reset everything to defaults?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39121

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for the reply.

If you are using BuddyBoss, You can copy “wp-content/plugins/buddyblog-pro/templates/buddyboss/default/entry-content.php to your child-theme/buddyblog/buddyboss/default/entry-content.php and override.

This entry content is same as BuddyBoss’s default entry file except it contains 3 links(edit,delete, view) from us.

You can override other templates as needed.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nick on #39126

Can you please confirm what the paths should be?

child-theme/buddyblog/buddyboss/default/entry-content.php is a different path from the /plugins/ path you provided (missing the /templates/ folder, and has /buddyblog/ vs /buddyblog-pro/).

Also, my existing /plugins/ path does not match what you described

what you listed:
    wp-content/plugins/buddyblog-pro/templates/buddyboss/default/entry-content.php

mine:
    wp-content/plugins/buddyblog-pro/templates/buddyblog/buddyboss/default/entry-content.php

Anyway, I copied the entry-content.php file from where it was to the following path, so as to mirror it perfectly.

wp-content/themes/buddyboss-theme-child/buddyblog-pro/templates/buddyblog/buddyboss/default/entry-content.php

Nothing happened. Do I need to activate it somewhere?

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39127

Hi Nick,
    Thank you.

It should be in your theme at the following path

wp-content/themes/buddyboss-theme-child/buddyblog/buddyboss/default/entry-content.php

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nick on #39128

I should also add that I just reset my website using the WP Reset plugin (I wanted to clean up lots of extraneous tables, post types etc…) and the problem persists.

• Participant
    Nick on #39129

I have put it in the directory you confirmed and it still doesn’t work. I can confirm that it appears in the Theme Editor window, alongside functions.php, etc…

I know it is a different mechanism, but in my timeline/newsfeed the post shows up appropriately saying

admin posted a new post, Test
    7 hours, 8 minutes ago

excerpt text

Read more

Like Comment Delete

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Nick.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39131

Hi Nick,
    If you are using BuddyBoss child theme, then any change in the above file will reflect. Please try that. This entry is used on the profile/Posts tab.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39132

Your other issue seems to be related to time offset. You may want to update it in General settings of WordPress.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Change format of BuddyBlog Pro Post List’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved