BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Change format of BuddyBlog Pro Post List

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Nick on #39133

Time offset is fine – I created that post 8 hours ago. I created another just now and it has the same problems.

“If you are using BuddyBoss child theme, then any change in the above file will reflect. Please try that. This entry is used on the profile/Posts tab.”

Please try what?

I can also confirm that the posts are showing up in the standard WP Posts dashboard view. Furthermore, If I edit the posts from there and manually add an excerpt, this doesn’t show either.

• Participant
    Nick on #39134

Also, I should say that I am reasonably technically capable, but it is generally safe to assume that I know nothing about WordPress. So, please provide specific steps that I can try rather than expect that I know what to do.

As an alternative, I can also give you access to a staging site to look for yourself. But that would be a bit of a hassle to set up so I hope we can debug it from here.

At the very least, you can visit this link to see what I am seeing. https://seeingtheforest.net/admin/post/

The Post tab is created from BuddyBlog Pro and where the problem lies. You can see in the Timeline that the excerpts show up properly.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Nick.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39136

Hi Nick,
    Can you please copy posts.php too and put any random text in that. Just to check if your overrides are working.

It is working from me here. I am unable to see the linked page. It is giving me 404.

You can provide me access later if these do not work.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nick on #39138

I have posted some screenshots on the Timeline where you can see my BuddyBlog Settings. Everything else is stock as I just reset the WordPress installation – the only other relevant plugins activated are BuddyBoss Platform and BuddyBoss Platform Pro.

• Participant
    Nick on #39139

My reply just disappeared…

I copied posts.php and replaced the text with some random characters. The profile page loads very differently. I did the same for entry-content.php and the profile loads fine but the posts lists is blank, so the overrides are working.

The permissions in BuddyBlog weren’t set to Anyone, so that is why you got a 404. I have fixed this and restored the php files to their original contents.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Nick.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39141

Hi Nick,
    I can see the issue. It is controlled by your theme.

Please visit Dashboard->BuddyBoss->Theme Options and click on the “Blog” tab.

You will find the “Featured Image Style”. Please make sure that either the second or the 3rd style is selected. If the first style is selected, the excerpt is not shown by BuddyBoss theme.

Our entry file is just a copy of BuddyBoss theme’s entry, so it is following the same.

Please check and let me know if it works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39142

While following my above instructions, please remove the files that you have copied in the theme from the theme.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nick on #39143

Problem solved! Thanks, I would never have figured that out. Sorry that I brought a BuddyBoss issue to you instead of them – I just never knew to look in BuddyBoss settings because it doesn’t have the User Blog functionality.

Perhaps it would be worth adding this instruction to the documentation for BuddyBlog, or even have a notification in its settings menu to instruct users to change that?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39144

Hi Nick,
    Thank you. I am glad it is resolved.

It is partially our fault too. We should have documented this behaviour. Will be adding to our docs.

Regards
    Brakesj

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Change format of BuddyBlog Pro Post List’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved