BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Change the wording of certain expressions in the plugins.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Christian22 on #44630

Hello Buddydev team,
    We want to change the wording of certain expressions in the plugins. Is this possible?
    Example: Friends (Connection/network) . Instead of the plugin saying (send a friend request, it says “send a network connection request”)
    In short, one works like LinkedIn?
    Is that possible?
    We know how to count on your promptness.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #44633

Hello Christian,

Thank you for posting. You can modify strings using any translator plugin e.q. Loco Translate install and activate it. Go to the plugin page in the Loco translate menu locate BuddyPress and modify the strings you want to modify.

Please give it a try.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Christian22 on #44638

Hello Ravi,
    Thanks for the feedback, it’s appreciated.
    I already note this track. Currently I use Gtranslate which is different from Loco.
    Wouldn’t there be another way (code) to change the Name of this tab (Friends) and all the notifications that intergregate this tab?
    I may be asking too sorry.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #44642

Hello Christian,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. The other way is to remove the tab and re-register these tabs with the label changed i.e. quite a rework to achieve what we can do with the translate plugin easily. For notifications you may need to filter the friend’s notifications using the filter available here:

https://github.com/buddypress/buddypress/blob/master/src/bp-friends/bp-friends-notifications.php#L92

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Christian22 on #44643

You are right.
    Thanks again.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #44654

Thank you for marking this topic as resolved.

Regards
    Ravi

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Change the wording of certain expressions in the plugins.’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved