Search

[Resolved] Cntent for each member on BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro |

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Daniel Bustamante on #16447

Hello, how are you?

I read this:

What content a tab/subnav can have?
    A tab/sub nav screen can contain any type of displayable content. You can use:-

Text/html.
    Images.
    Audio.
    Videos.
    Documents.
    Shortcodes.
    or a mix of all of the above.
    Optionally, a subnav can also directly link to some specific url.

But how i can edit, becasue i asume that only admincan edit, the content for each user. For example, I create a tab “My email and Password” how can i set that credentials for each members.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16448

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

After receiving your message yesterday, we have started working on a shortcode companion for the plugin. It uses custom post types/taxonomy to allow you setup any number of user specific tabs.

I will be sharing more details after the companion plugin is ready(should be by this weekend or next Monday).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel Bustamante on #16449

Hi Brajesh! fantastic! thanks a lot for you kind and quick reply! I’ll be pending for that great news 😉

Greetings

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16567

Hi Daniel,
    Hope you are doing well. I am done with this plugin. Working on a blog post and documentation now. Will release today and link you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel Bustamante on #16573

Hi Brajesh! Awesome Thanks a lot 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16575

Thank you.

It is available now. Please see
    https://buddydev.com/create-dynamic-user-profile-tabs-for-buddypress/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel Bustamante on #16577

O.O WOW!!! That’s Amazing!! you ROCK Brajesh!! Thanks a lot!!

So if i have 2000 Members i’ll have to create 2000 shortcodes on the “Content” for that custom profile tab. No problem but, please, tell me how i can put a comment for each line above the shortcode, if is possible 🙂

And the last: The visibility. In the Tab Content i set a password but it doesn’t work, maybe because the main CUSTOM TAB is public.. Can you tell if i need pay for this i really need it.

For example here: https://proyectocanino.com/comunidad/miembros/proyecto-canino/seguimiento-gps/ I have a GPS and just with post password working all will be OKey.

Thanks a lot for you time and your GREAT WORK!!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16578

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you.

1. No, you don’t have to create 2000 shortcode. Only one shortcode per tab. For example, If we need 5 dynamic tabs, we will create 5 shortcode. Yes, you can create upto 2000(if that is the number of users) specific posts for each user if needed.

The shrortcode is shown to help you understand the association. You only need to copy and paste one time for a tab.

The tab can contain some general content that you can add before/after the shortcode while creating profile tab.

If you do not create specific content for a given user, they will still see the other content from the tab.

Visibility:- You are right that a public tab will be visible to all. If the tab is only intended for profile owner, I will suggest using tab visibility options that we have on profile tab.

Can you please try the above and see if it works.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel Bustamante on #16589

Hi Brajesh again! Thanks 😉

Yes, i’ll have to create shortcode for each user because each user will have a specific posts content in the same custom tab for the all members. I’ll use the name of shorcote related to user a function of that shortcode.

And the custom tab visibility have to be public because the visitors will can access to that custom tab but the password for each user also will be specific for each members. So is complex, that is what i can pay for that customization if you wish.
    Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16591

Hi Daniel,
    I am sorry but there are some confusion here. I will like to clarify:-

1. The shortcode detects the user based on their profile. It will automatically fetch a post which has the displayed user set as author.

In order to do that, you will need to create a post and assign the user as author(please see the blog post). Once you do that, Please set a term for this post.

What we are doing is, we use a shortcode that only specifies term

[bp-dynamic-user-tab-content type="help-message"]

This shortcode will automatically generate different content for different user. The shortcode knows the displayed user, so it only fetches post assigned to that user.

Please try it.

For visibility:- Do you want the tab to be visible to the owner of the profile only? If yes, Please select “Profile Owner” from the Tab Visibility option.

I can help with custom code but it seems there are come communication issue on my part. You will most probably not need

Please give it a try and let me know.

Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Cntent for each member on BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro |’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved