Tagged: community builder theme
Hi. How can I control in community builder “How many groups per row” for me to have many group per row in mobile view.?
Can I also change “Use gradient in headers in item lists?” I think it is a good idea to be able to design these images to be able to personalize our web pages.
- Brajesh Singh on February 4, 2017 at 7:59 am #7178
Thank you for posting.
1. The no. of groups row is only customizable for non mobile view. For mobile view, the theme uses various breakpoints. If you want to change that, there are two posssible ways. Using the css in your child theme or modifying the generated classes using filter.
We do not plan to add the grid settings for mobile devices in the customizer as the term is not very clear. There are so many resolutions and breakpoints possible, we can not provide an option for each of the breakpoint for the sake of simplicity.
2. Do you want to modify the colors. It is coming in future for the item list. We are also looking on ways to allow the users control this color.
3. do you mean the popular groups? BuddyPress does not have any idea about the most visited groups. If you are looking for the populr groups, you can use the shortcode
Here is the link to the documentation for this shortcode
Also, you may take a look at the other BuddyPress shortcodes included with the theme here
Hope that helps.
Short code for groups is what I needed. Thank you!
It’s a shame to not be able to customize the number of rows on mobiles, because the groups are seen one under the other..and it’s very big. And if you have many groups, you have to go down and down … I’m not sure how to modify the css, but I’ll look at it.
Hopefully soon you can customize the gradients in header, because right now all pages with community builder look the same. I’ve thought about creating something like MonsterID (https://blog.gravatar.com/2008/04/22/identicons-monsterids-and-wavatars-oh-my/), which is random, but designed by admin the Web. So every web would have its own appearance. Would it be possible?
How about a post or video url carousel?
By the way, I’m trying to use fullwidth with “fullwidth section / insert module / fullwidth header” and I can not! I always have a space on each side of the screen. I’ve reviewed the wordpress customization tool a lot, and I do not find a way to get fullwidth. Please, what is my mistake?
Not visible Show left / right Panels when I enter “small screen only … I have watched it from my mobile and they do not appear 🙁
Also I have a problem with the mobile version, it looks very ugly: with a blue header, no widget appears …
Oh, I do not know what I’m doing wrong 🙁
- This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by nana.
Ok friends, you have to be careful with jetpack. This was changing my mobile vision. I have disabled and everything Ok. They also work right / left control panel in small screen.
I keep trying to put fullwidth header, but I can not. I’ll let you know if I can.
- Brajesh Singh on February 5, 2017 at 11:08 am #7200
I am glad you found the issue. Please check if the Jetpack conflicts with the Ultimate shortcode plugin.
About the carousel, I believe It can also be used with Maximus Builder. we need to put an example for it. We will do that soon.
Please do note that we will be avoiding cluttering the theme with features which come to plugin domain(like post sliders etc). We believe that the site admins should have choices in this manner.
The Gradient customizer is in the plan and is certainly coming.
The topic ‘Community builder costumizer’ is closed to new replies.