BuddyDev

Search

Conditional Fields not saving in BuddyPress 2.7.0

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brett on #6121

I currently have the issue where I have updated to Buddypress 2.7.0 and none of the fields that have conditions set on them are operating properly.
    When the conditions are removed, they save and display, when any conditions are set, it will not show the saved values, and worst of all, it does not save them either.

Not 100% sure has occurred in the latest version of BuddyPress to make it work like this.
    I cleared all of the conditions, and added one back in, and the behaviour returned.
    For the moment, there are no conditional field settings, but would like it to be looked into as to why it fails when there is a condition set.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brett on #6125

I have done a little bit of further investigation and the issue appears when using a member type as the item to control whether an item is shown or hidden, and where the label differs to the slug.
    When looking at the is_match function, it would bring up the Member Type label (in this case singular) and try to compare it to the slug (Which will be all lowercase, and without any spaces)

I have done a nasty little hack to make sure my particular member type does match. (strtolower and pregreplace to make the strings match)
    Are you able to look into why when comparing member type it compares a singular label against a slug when trying to do the conditional profile field that is in the edit member profile page

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)

The topic ‘Conditional Fields not saving in BuddyPress 2.7.0’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved