BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Correct add class to Buddypress Register Popup

• Participant
    Level: Master
    smart life on #14228

4) Continue.
    I finger out, they are apply for all members. Not just current login user.

BUT:
    + Exclude Users from Members search? i choose NO
    + Exclude Users from Members directory? i choose YES (If i set no, everything work fine, but i need hidden all my member here)

Now issue for setting YES exclued users in members directory:
    It hidden members everywhere, even SEARCH & Newest register members in widget.
    Search with: https://vi.wordpress.org/plugins/bp-profile-search/
    ==> How to fix this? The logic, only hidden in directory. Not in search and widget.

• Participant
    smart life on #14229

4) Continue. I finger out better way. But i need your code snipped.
    + Exclude Users from Members search? i choose NO
    + Exclude Users from Members directory? i choose NO
    ===> People will appear normal now. (Your plugin only apply for new, for old user wont be effect. I spend very hard time to test, which create new and delete account. So the best way choose NO for no issue happen anymore, which will create huge issue for any wrong, which real user registed, hard to fix issue then)

SO PHP code easier solution. I need your spinned code similar bellow. BUT not basic on role or userID. ===> I want member directory display only “Lasted active user” (Online), max 100 lasted member. (Not all online members, just max 100 members, if web too less only online 10 then display only 10)

P/S: I want to code only effect members directory. Everey where will be normal, such as search, friend, widget.

https://buddydev.com/buddypress/exclude-users-from-members-directory-on-a-buddypress-based-social-network/

Hope to get your code in soon for safe public website now. Thanks

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by smart life.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14237

Hi,
    A. Why not keep multiple fields in the base tab or first tab? You can rename it what you want.

1. Xprofile Location:- We will check for compatibility and will let you know by early tomorrow.
    2. Conditional Profile field plugin’s latest version is not tested with the Ajax Registration plugin. We will need a little time on that to test for the compatibility.
    3. You can diable auto activation mode by adidng this code

add_filter( 'bpajaxr_is_auto_activation_mode', '__return_false' );

4. Privacy settings:- You can control it. The default applies to newly registered members. If you allow users to change it, They can control their profile visibility or you can disable for user and manually set for individual users.

I can assist with the code quickly, I need one last answer from you:- Do you want to keep pagination for the 100 users? Here is for with pagination

/**
     * Only show recent 100 users.
     * @param array $args query args.
     * @return array
     */
    function buddydev_limit_las_100_members( $args ) {
    	$args['max'] = 100;

return $args;
    }
    add_action( 'bp_after_has_members_parse_args', 'buddydev_limit_las_100_members' );

5. Sorry, there is no special css for it. You may want to customize the ajax-register-form.php file instead by copying it to your theme.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    smart life on #14238

1+2. Waiting your fix

3. I added code, no work. Everything same.

4. Code worked so good, effect in both directory & search result.
    Which code to display All without pagination?

5. Which spinned code make “complete sign up” messaged delay longer? Not enough time to read.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14255

Hi Julia,
    Thank you.

4. I am a bit worried about applying the per page setitngs but here we go with teh modified version.

/**
     * Only show recent 100 users.
     * @param array $args query args.
     * @return array
     */
    function buddydev_limit_last_100_members( $args ) {
    	if ( bp_is_directory() ) {
    		$args['max']      = 100;
    		$args['per_page'] = 100;
    	}

return $args;
    }
    add_action( 'bp_after_has_members_parse_args', 'buddydev_limit_last_100_members' );

Please remove the previous code and use this. It may affect widgets in the directory sidebar too(Earlier code did too).

5. Please open bp-ajax-register.js and change the value ‘1000’ to some other value. The 1000 means 1 second(It is in ms). So, if you want it for 1.5 second, you can put there 1500. Please do note that the changes will be lost in next update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    smart life on #14259

4. The code is effect to the widget. The only one widget if in user’s profile, i set 5, it appear correct. But in members page, it changed 5 to 100

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14268

4. So, I am assuming that it is fine for your use case as there are no user widgets for the directory sidebar.

For 3rd, Please try again. It should work and disable the auto activation of user acocunts.

• Participant
    smart life on #14269

Hi,

What i need in short so far only, no anything eles issue needed.

1) Fix issue with x-location plugin.

3) Your code no work:
    Detail:
    – Added your code, test feel time in many hours difference
    – Used plugin: https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-autologin-on-activation/
    –> This work correct on activation, but ajax registration “disabled verify” fuction now. I used a crazy email such as adasdbasdvasdhasdasda@gmail.com, it still allow me have account, even this email is not real.
    —> I don’t know why this function build in your plugin, it should have option enable/disabled for real and demo web (who don’t care real people or not)

Please update. Thanks

• Participant
    smart life on #14304

Hi, how long do you think 2 issue bellow can be update?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14331

Hi Julia,
    1. Not sure if we will be able to provide support for location field. If it is using javascript etc, It might need fix on the other plugins end. We will update you of our findings early next week.

3. Sorry but the code is tested. You most probably have something else interfering with it.

As for the design decision, It was made tp ease the process of signup and that’s why. We did added the code to disable it later.

When our future version comes, you will be able to control this settings from the settings page.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Correct add class to Buddypress Register Popup’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved