BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] CSS styling the Buddydev notifications (need CSS)

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Kristian Yngve on #22591

Hi everyone in this awesome community 🙂

I need the css styling for the notifications widget: (https://buddydev.com/buddypress-user-notifications-widget-plugin/) at the moment, it’s looking all clumped together (needs to be spaced out well with a bit of styling…)

This is due to the Youzer plugin removing the CSS, so I need it again to put it in the global settings. (yep, same story).

May I please be shown the CSS so I can style it in the global settings. I am trying to get this looking less squished as well, maybe 1px between each line but i’d have to play about with that…

Here is a screenshot: https://prntscr.com/ngo4r3

Many thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22602

Hi Kristian,
    Thank you for the topic.

You may use something like this

.bp-notification-widget-notifications-list {
        padding: 20px;
    }
    .bp-notification-widget-notifications-list li {
        list-style-type:disc;
        margin-bottom: 10px;
    }

Most probably it should work.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    MICHAEL on #22611

Hi Kristian πŸ˜€

Sorry for your invite, i work on big project 8h30/23h all the days with my friend developpor, i don’t go out, but i take few time for help you if you want with my experience :

Youzer it’s good but you will need to learn CSS for do all what you want πŸ˜€

It’s easy, i learned alone (1 years i looks the code CSS, but i learned fast (1 month) when i used the plugin :
    https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/custom-css-js/

Why ? because i created (and i said you, do the same !) one page CSS for each page youzer / website / or group page, and after you can help you with the others codes CSS and learn fast with internet, you write one word and have scripts,

More difficult it’s to learn the ID each code, after it’s easyyyyy
    but you learn fast how find the ID if you do what i said you, use the old code for help you to find the “soluce” πŸ˜€ i regreted didn’t do before didn’t used before this plugin !

VoilΓ  just what i can said you πŸ™‚

And after, use version pro for minimize your code and hide comments πŸ˜€
    And i said you, when you know CSS, you do WHAT YOU WANT with design and it’s super ;D

Sorry for my bad english =S

French :p

Have a good continuation πŸ™‚

MichaΓ«l

• Participant
    Kristian Yngve on #22668

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your amazing info. I have downloaded your plugin recommendation and checking it out πŸ™‚

Ha, yes, I’ve spent simular hours on the site, and I just know that once it’s up and how I want it, the feeling will be amazing πŸ™‚

Thank you for your CSS advice, I will follow it and see where it gets me. I have a basic understanding, and can tweak some code here and there… sometimes haha

I have sent you a friend request on this site, whenever your free, feel free to add me. πŸ™‚

What is your site? may I ask? I would love to check out how you’ve got your site and Youzer and try to make a better understanding about mine…

Here is mine: https://taipeiexpats.com/ please feel welcome to register and take a look! πŸ˜€

Looking forward to hearing from you again,

Best,

Kristian

• Participant
    Kristian Yngve on #22669

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your code – it’s looking really good. However, is there some CSS to have a little space under the red title please?

Please see the new screenshot:

https://prntscr.com/niea6v

Looking forward to hearing back from you too, Brajesh, πŸ™‚

Best,

Kristian

• Participant
    Level: Master
    MICHAEL on #22671

Hi πŸ˜€ I do very fast because i am tired i work and see mail,

If i can help you, use the margin or padding
    Write CSS margin or CSS padding in google and you will see

Just you need how i told to find the ID / class about what you want who have a modification

But i said you, if Brajesh said you each code you want, he will need one year for said all what you want to do XD and he’s + programor developpor than designer πŸ˜€

If it’s just few code CSS, ask him, but if it’s a lot, ask one designer, man use CSS very good πŸ˜€ but i said you again, use my technique you will learn fast, i learning alone now i have 30 page CSS with hundredddddddd line CSS πŸ˜€

My website for the moment is not open πŸ™‚

See you ! πŸ˜€

MichaΓ«l

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22675

Hi Kristian,
    Please share a demo user/password to allow me assist you better.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kristian Yngve on #22680

Thank you, Brajesh. I do as much as I can to my site, but it’s when I get stuck I had to trouble you πŸ™

So I super appreciate your help as always.

On this issue – I have found that Youzer had its own notifications feature.

So I am happy to keep everything as it is for your notifications widget πŸ™‚

Thank you so much for all your help.

we can class this as resolved πŸ™‚

The topic ‘ [Resolved] CSS styling the Buddydev notifications (need CSS)’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved