BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Custom BP Groups Tab/Page

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Erich199 on #1583

sorry for delay,

Is it possible to link a page to all groups? In the plugin, it is creating a tab that I can make custom content and it is for admin/mods only in the groups.

Is it possible to make this an editable page in the backend vs making a custom .php page?

Thanks for your fast responses.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1584

Yes, sure.

The block where you see I have written that you can echo your content instead of loading template, you can do that. Here is an example.

$post_id = 32;//change with your post/page
    $post = get_post( $post_id );
    echo apply_filters( 'the_content', $post->post_content );

That’s all you need to do.

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Erich199 on #1585

Hi Brajesh,

That is perfect! Now I can edit the content via the page manager. Thank you so much for your help on this. I can make a help&support page for my group admins for them to request features/suggestions for the groups.

• Participant
    Erich199 on #1586

Hi again Brajesh,

Is there a way to override a group?

I am planning on creating pre-made groups for specific topics, and I’d like to use the same concept but have the tab public with a custom made page.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1587

Hi Joshua,
    I am sorry but I seem to be confused here.

Can you please tell me what do you mean by overriding groups? in the plugin for visibility that the tab be visible to everyone for some group?

• Participant
    Erich199 on #1606

Sorry for my poor explination.

So I build a group page, the plugin makes a new tab for only admin/mods to see.

Could I copy the plugin, make a second tab, but only make that tab available to specific groups vs all groups?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1610

Hi Joshua,
    Yes, you can do that but you don’t need to do that anymore. I am planning to push that feature as a plugin as it seems many people are looking for the same. There is one more request from our members here and I am considering that It will be better to put that as a plugin instead.

• Participant
    Erich199 on #1618

Hi @sbrajesh,

That sounds great! I’m looking forward to the updated plugin.

Buddypress is a great addon for wordpress, but it seems like it’s lacking some features that just make sense to add. I think that’s the beauty of the plugin system.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1624

You are right about that. This is what I love about BuddyPress. It is very easy to extend for any new feature.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Rajkumar Solunki on #12673

I am also looking for the same to create a tab in my BuddyPress specific group to insert shortcode or content into it and also set the permission to which users can able to see it and look like some discussion going on here and developer also provided a small extension plugin ” bp-group-extension-content-display.zip” that I just installed but it’s getting too technical for me now to understand where I can create that tab now. Can anyone please help me? Thanks

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Custom BP Groups Tab/Page’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved