BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Custom Registration Page and Custom Login Page

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Steven May on #30202

It looks like the separate username fields are because one is for WordPress and the other is for BuddyPress. Is there a way to have only one and have them sync in the backend? Because I see one under Account Details on the Registration page and one under Profile Details on the registration page.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30224

Hi Steven,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

Are you using BuddyPress or BuddyBoss platform?

BuddyPress does not create a new user name. It uses WordPress’s username. So, if there is double username, It is a bug.

Are you using a custom theme? Are you using any other BuddyPress profile field related plugin?
    Also, if possible, Please link me to your registration site.

PS:- Please feel free to use private reply if you do not want to share the site publicly.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Steven May on #30226

Im using Buddy Press and the p[aid plugins I purchased from your organization, now on the user registration page there are 2 Username fields, how do I get there to be only 1? where every buddy press user who registered is issued a username that is both the buddy press username and the WordPress WooCommerce username?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30227

Hi Steven,

Thank you for sharing the details.

Can you please link me to the registration page? I can check and it may help me understand the issue clearly.

All the usernames are same for WordPress/BuddyPress/WooCommerce. The plugins use the default user functionality offered by WordPress.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Steven May on #30229

https://www.staging.swingsocial.co/register/

Username dield on the left is WordPress, on the right is from your custom fields plug and is labeled Primary Required on backend and no delete option.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30230

Hi Steven,
    I can see the issue. The Username in the right is actually the “Full Name” field of BuddyPress.

Did you install this plugin by any chance?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-xprofile-wp-user-sync/

By default BuddyPress provides a “Full Name” field which is required. Using the above plugin(or another similar plugin), you can separate full name into first/last.

This is causing confusion on your site.

I can see that the left site “Username” is the actual username, the right side username is actual “Field ID 1” which is used for “Full Name”.

Please check.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Steven May on #30232

Im only using the plugins available from your site. In addition to WooCommerce. Related Plugins Memberships and Subscriptions

• Participant
    Steven May on #30233

Profile Settings
    Profile Syncing Enable BuddyPress to WordPress profile syncing

This feature is enabled in Buddy Press settings.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30234

Hi,
    None of our plugins do that automatically. Is there any chance you are using the WooCommerce integration from Theme Craft?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc4bp/

Either someone changed the names manually or a plugin created it. There are only 2 or 3 plugins which does it. Our plugins don’t do it.

Also, once created, even if you disable the plugin, The field will be there.

My suggestion is to delete first name/last name field and rename the “Username” field to “Full Name” or “Display Name”

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved