Tagged: login page, registration page, username fields
- Steven May on May 26, 2020 at 2:52 pm #30235
So I f I rename that user profile field to “Full Name” that resolves the issue?
- Steven May on May 26, 2020 at 2:55 pm #30236
I don’t understand the requirement for a Full Name vs First and Last name Fields, I’m sorry.
So is the Full name basically their public name on Buddy Press?
How can I customize the layout of the login and register forms with your plugins?
Lastly, why in this form is the system auto adding a privacy acceptance checkbox? (I already have privacy and terms checkboxes in my custom fields)
- Steven May on May 26, 2020 at 2:56 pm #30237
I have a developer that was texting other plugins that were removed when I became a subscriber of your site over the holiday weekend. Even upon deletion those fields will remain?
- Brajesh Singh on May 26, 2020 at 3:02 pm #30240
1. yes, if a plugin created the fields, those will stay even after removing the plugin.
2. BuddyPress only adds “Full Name” by default. It is used as the display name on the site.
4. Our plugins do not help with customization(eg. appearance of the page). They deal with adding functionality.
If you use our theme(Community Builder Pro), you can cusotmize the appearance too.
- Steven May on May 26, 2020 at 3:12 pm #30241
Yes I would like to turn it off because it shows up in weird places and I already have the field created using your fields plugin.
- Steven May on May 26, 2020 at 4:44 pm #30242
So the last two questions are how do I turn it off? if it’s possible. And what is the recommended way to customize the login form and the registration form? I am a Divi user and I don’t want to change any themes. Do you all recommend a plugin for Buddy Press design Customizations?
- Brajesh Singh on May 26, 2020 at 6:04 pm #30244
You can use the following code to disable the automatic privacy option.
add_filter( 'bp_signup_requires_privacy_policy_acceptance', '__return_false' );
You can put it in your theme’s functions.php or in wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php
For registration customization:- I do not recommend any plugin. You can achieve most of the appearance/customization with simple css code.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.