BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Custom Registration Page and Custom Login Page

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Steven May on #30235

So I f I rename that user profile field to “Full Name” that resolves the issue?

• Participant
    Steven May on #30236

I don’t understand the requirement for a Full Name vs First and Last name Fields, I’m sorry.

So is the Full name basically their public name on Buddy Press?

How can I customize the layout of the login and register forms with your plugins?

Lastly, why in this form is the system auto adding a privacy acceptance checkbox? (I already have privacy and terms checkboxes in my custom fields)

• Participant
    Steven May on #30237

I have a developer that was texting other plugins that were removed when I became a subscriber of your site over the holiday weekend. Even upon deletion those fields will remain?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30240

Hi Steven,

1. yes, if a plugin created the fields, those will stay even after removing the plugin.
    2. BuddyPress only adds “Full Name” by default. It is used as the display name on the site.
    3. The most recent version of BuddyPress will add the checkbox if you have a Privacy Policy page setup in WordPress settings. This is core BuddyPress functionality. Do you want it to be disabled?

4. Our plugins do not help with customization(eg. appearance of the page). They deal with adding functionality.

If you use our theme(Community Builder Pro), you can cusotmize the appearance too.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Steven May on #30241

Yes I would like to turn it off because it shows up in weird places and I already have the field created using your fields plugin.

• Participant
    Steven May on #30242

So the last two questions are how do I turn it off? if it’s possible. And what is the recommended way to customize the login form and the registration form? I am a Divi user and I don’t want to change any themes. Do you all recommend a plugin for Buddy Press design Customizations?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30244

Hi Steven,
    You can use the following code to disable the automatic privacy option.

add_filter( 'bp_signup_requires_privacy_policy_acceptance', '__return_false' );

You can put it in your theme’s functions.php or in wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php

For registration customization:- I do not recommend any plugin. You can achieve most of the appearance/customization with simple css code.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved